Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 mustang convertible with a 3.8L. When it is cold outside it runs fine. Once the temps hit 70 degrees Fahrenheit or above, it will start sputtering when accelerating. If you keep trying to go it will get to the point where it will finally sputter out and die. This usually takes about 5 minutes from first sputter to dying. All I have to do at any time to temporarily fox it is turn the engine off and back on and it runs fine for a little while again. When it gets to upper 80s and 90 degrees, it goes through this cycle every 15 minutes or so. The only other info on it is if I swerve back and forth down the road, it will sputter when swerving right and accelerate when I swerve left. The only code it is showing is the water temperature sending unit. I am going to replace that tomorrow. Is this a fuel issue or wiring or ????? Thanks for any advice up front.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I had similar symptoms with regards to losing power as temperature rose, when my fuel pump was failing. Higher temperatures made the problem worse. Key cycling fixed it. That said, I also had to replace my gas fill cap, as it was not venting properly, and tried swapping FRPS as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts