Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Squeaking sound coming from what i think are my UD Pulleys. I sprayed some WD-40 on the Belt thinking it was the belt but that only made it squeak louder to the point you can hear it while driving. So im afraid to put WD-40 in the actual Pulleys now. Do you think i should Put the WD-40 in the Pulleys screws or is there some other type of product that would work better?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Please tell me you didn't realy put wd-40 on the belt its self.:eek:

·
Registered
761 Posts
It may be your throwout bearing and not your pullys.. My tob squeaks loud as hell right now... Im saving up for a new clutch

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Belts turn the pulleys by using friction, wd-40 reduces friction. :D

Here is what you can do to see if its the pulley or the belt. put a ratchet in your tensionser like you are gonna change the belt and put a little extra tension on the belt and see if it goes away.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
O. It realy may not be best if you do it then cuz you need it running while you put tension on it. I would just replace the belt thats probably what it is anyway.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
This is the tensioner. the square hole in it is for a ratchet. Just put the ratchet in there and pull it to the left to add just a little more tension. if it goes away its most likely the belt.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Don't feel too bad I had the same problem last week.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Good thing I read the entire thread because once I got to the WD-40 I was going to state what doc had already said!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good thing I read the entire thread because once I got to the WD-40 I was going to state what doc had already said!

haha yeah im just a little dumb ass.

But do you guys know why the belt would squeak though? I mean its just rubber how would a rubber belt squeak? and it only squeaks when i accelerate

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I just get a squeek when I'm on it, and then get off of it. It's a quick squeek, but I hate it. I'm thinkin of just going to an 8 rib pulley set.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
well now my Squeak his happening at Idle today. and when i did what doc told me to do the squeak only gets louder so its must be my belt that is bad like he said. the Squeak is really loud. I'm not even driving it because it's so annoying.

But does anyone know why a Belt Squeaks. It doesn't make sense to me, it's just rubber? plus the belt looks fine to me. it's not torn or anything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts