Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car lately has gotten a real bad squeak from the right rear area. Its only when I turn my car to the right, but even a slight turn will do it. Its driving my ****ing crazy. The faster I go the faster the squeaking gets. Any ideas?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Try turning right while hitting the brakes. See if that makes it go away. Could be in the pads.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Have you pulled the wheel and inspected the caliper and heat shield? Make sure nothing is loose or rubbing. If its not there I would bearings after that

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Could be from your control arms, or springs. Have you replaced your control arms? I would think that they would squeak when you hit a bump aswell, but I wouldn't rule them out.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I put my new rear shocks in they squeak everytime I go over a bump real slow or make turns real slow and hitting little or big bump. Someone on here said it might be the rubbers they used when they installed it. Maybe your having the same problem? This would be my guess if you have changed anything back there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
this is doubtful if it's constant squeaking, but it could possibly even be your exhaust clinking against the car body...ever since I put in my new exhaust and i hit some bumps i can hear it hitting something

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've given up on the car and noises. Between exhaust, new bushings, LCA and UCA, and everything else I don't think there's a quiet part of the car. Even the transmission makes noise from the short-throw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts