Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

I have never had any problems with my v6 04 mustang until here recently. It's making this annoying squeak when I crank the car and when I am ascending or descending in speed. I initially thought it was the belt b/c it was dry so I sprayed belt dressing on it which reduced the noise but didn't resolve the issue. I have replaced the belt, taken all of the pulleys off and sprayed them with wd-40 and still nothing has fixed the squeal. Prior to the squeak, I had a nail stuck in my rear tire and I got that plugged. I am wondering if the folks at the shop may have done something that caused the noise b/c I didn't start to hear it until after they'd plugged the tire (surely I don't want to take it back to them). Any ideas or prior experiences with squeaking? BTW, I just hit 90,000 miles on the car and I have had all routine check-ups until now.

Thanks for any/all responses,
Sally Lover

·
Registered
0 Posts
Try running it without the AC on and see if the sqeak goes away. If you are low on refrigerant, the clutch on the AC compressor has a tendency to squeak when running. If the sqeak goes away when you are not running the AC then you need to recharge your AC system which will run you around $30-40 bucks if you do it yourself. Have you been having any AC problems?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts