Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok...i'll go tomorrow to ford....i feel like im there everyday...i should have just gotten a new gt when i had the chance...i hate used cars...my car is falling apart...engine mount broke...squecky ****...tailpipe rusted off muffler...clutch pedal vibrates likes crazy coz the cable is shot...dash lights dont lightup anymore...the list goes on....
I'm with ya on the used car thing, but hey...I like no car payments!!! Belt tensioners usually are cheap and a good belt to go with outside of a factory belt is the Goodyear Gatorback. If your tensioner was the problem and it allowed the belt to "slip" a little its a pretty good bet it's good and glazed which will again start to squeal especially when damp. Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
so a round of new pullies???
Underdrives!!!!!!!!!! You always wanted them anyway right? J/K...becareful, because pullies can mean a wide range of things to different people. When we do underdrives we simply loosen the factory pulley nut/bolt and install the aftermarket. These pullies don't normally have the bearings which is what squeals in most cases. Make sense???

·
Registered
189 Posts
Your choice. Look at it closely when you have it apart to change what ever it is you are going to change and decide then. I would...especially knowing all that stuff was sprayed on it. Belts don't like petroleum products on them to well!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.