Modded Mustang Forums banner

squeaky noise coming from passenger rear

10K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  cl0udedth0ught 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a squeaky noise coming from the passenger rear wheel i have new brake pads and like a 1 week old rotor it made the same noise with the old rotor and pads

question is could it be the little metal brackets that go on each end of the brake pad those i havent changed

the noise goes away when i pull the emerg brake or just use the regular brake

#11 ·
thanks man

hey don't feel bad...mine is doing the same thing too...but its my driver side rear....i have been completely thro the whole rearend and can not figure it out
have you taken off the little metal tabs on the brake pad itself
im doing that monday if i have the day off ill let yall know if it works

Same prob here. It bugged me so much I took it to a shop and the guy said it was my rotors.... So the charged me 65 bux to turn the rotors but that was bullshit. Bc when I changed the brake pads a couple weeks later I found out he just put some kind of squeak gel **** on em. Needless to say, it's still squeaking
id go back and beat his ass or of thats physically impossible just **** up his car for 65 dollars worth two headlights just to be on the safe side lol juss kidding BUT SERIOUSLY:D

#9 ·
Same prob here. It bugged me so much I took it to a shop and the guy said it was my rotors.... So the charged me 65 bux to turn the rotors but that was bullshit. Bc when I changed the brake pads a couple weeks later I found out he just put some kind of squeak gel **** on em. Needless to say, it's still squeaking

#14 ·
Terrible. Speacially when ur riding beside someone and it sounds like there's a bird chirping in your ear and they're lookin over like "dood WTF is wrong wit ur damn car? Gotta birds nest in ur trunk?!" haha

#17 ·
Mustang=squeaks and rattles...its jus the name of the game fellas lol when I brought my car home from Virginia it was tight and quiet...2 years in PA have given it a few squeaks lol as far as findin most of them good luck lol throw on an exhaust and forget they're even there :)

#20 ·
50muscle...I would def say by the way you described it that you had a loud exhaust setup (cant watch the video at school) lol Im not sayin these cars are rattle traps by any means...they just have character :) lol

#24 ·
That squeak stuff the guy at the shop put on my rear brakes stopped the squeaking till I changed my brake pads then they started squeaking AGAIN. So that's my only advice, I think it's called "Brake Squeak"...? Not sure tho

#26 ·
Don't you just love it when you search the web for a problem you're having, find a thread where others are having problems and one of them promises to tell you about his fix, but never replies with one? LMAO!!!

#28 ·
I figured it out anyway. Half of those little metal clips that go on the pads were missing. Not to mention the pads themselves had no "brake quiet" sprayed on them and there was no grease where the pads slide on the bracket.

I fixed all those issues and no more squeaking.

#29 ·
The clips on mine are fine and it still squeaks. I just put some grease on them and also behind the pad and it goes away until I wash the car (and the grease washes away). Figure once every two months or so? It's obnoxious and I'm tempted to get a big-brake-kit just to rid myself of the problem altogether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.