Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought it was iso's so i replaced those, but now it still squeaks. Mostly on the driver side. It squeaks on bumps mostly. Any clue what this could be. I want it fixed because its kinda embarrassing. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
you might have to replace your a-arm bushings try some wd-40 on the first if it quits thats your que. mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I was thinking ball joints. But we will find out shortly. Wait wd40 eats up rubber doesnt it?

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
they should have grease fittings on them just grease everything

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright will do. I'll up date when I do this. Itll be a few days before I get back home.I'm hoping its just cause its cold and they need some grease. Cause now my doors creak a bit too with the cold

·
Registered
4,987 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Muchly appreciated guys. This forum is great. Still havent run into assholes in my posts yet. Thanks

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
ball joints lol my did that and one went out pulling into a gas station in the ghetto, you may just need to grease them but check to see if the boot is still in good shape

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How will I know when its in good shape. I ask alot of noob questions. But better safe than stranded in the ghetto

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
if the rubber boot is all torn up and the squeaking, then its just better to be safe than sorry, luckily in my situation i already had the parts i just didnt have the time to change them till i was forced to lol. takes 3 hours without the right tools in a circle k parking lot. with a car from virginia, so everything was all nasty from driving in the winter

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If its ball joints im buying the steeda x2's

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
thats fine, i wish i wouldve, but i got the moog ones from summit, they seem really good, only one is on there right now, i wont be home to fix the other one for a few months, btw, does your steering feel really weird?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not exactly. Feels the same as always. I did just lower the car recently so I have wicked bump steer on occasions. But other than that and it slightly rubbin my swaybar(thanks 330cube) it seems like normal. Will the x2's help do you think?

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
hmm if thats the case then it might not be your ball joints, but if you have the resources to do then do it. especially if like i said they look like they are in rough shape

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thinking it may be the the a-arm bushings. We'll find out soon enough. Wednesday at least ha

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
yea, well if your car was driven in the snow for a while good luck getting it all out, its a bitch. specially without the right tools lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ha hell no. Southern Car. Only 71k Miles.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
nice, well i hope its not your ball joints, but i do hope you get it fixed, ive had a 94 and 95, i loved them both, i hope yours treats you well

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Me too my dad is a Chevy man so he is finnicky ha. But its my baby so yea

1 - 20 of 28 Posts