Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been driving my car like normal and all of a sudden it started making some squeeking noise either in the back or middle. my friends think it might be either something with the tranny or torque converter, but it's only got 26,000 miles and i'd hope they would last longer. I've had the car since new and know how i've treated her. any other suggestions on what to check before i have to get the whole transmission tore apart since it's an automatic:mad:? anyone else have this problem? i'm just pissed off because i just want to enjoy it. thanks

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
What kind of squek is it and when does it occur? My irst thought before I finished reading your ost was something in the suspension. Sway bar end links are pretty notorious for working themselves loose sometimes. Any suspension mods? A little hard to help with the limited description. Only other thing I can think of maybe from where you are describing it is maybe the carrier bearing for the middle of this 2 piece driveshaft.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am hoping for the exhaust. it only does it at certain accelerations and sometimes in idle. sorry for the short description. i'm just super pissed and have been trying to figure out what the hell is wrong. i love my car, but i am not going to drive it when it sounds like some old beater squeeking and creaking around.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
check the exhaust hangers, especially if you have any aftermarket exhaust.
+1, do you still have the center exhaust hangers installed on the transmission crossmember? You can also try lubricating the exhaust hangers with Silglyde (brake lube).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.