Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it kinda sounds like a rusty spring. when i press them..its weird tho because it only does it when its in drive..any ideas?

·
Registered
751 Posts
wore out brake pad? crystallized maybe?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still got like 25% left so i dont think its the pad but u never know.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not like a screach but more like when you open a squeeky door

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
if your at 25% just replace them also turn your rotors so the pads sit right on the rotors

·
Registered
751 Posts
i had that problem alot with cheap pads it sounded like a bad squeak any time you hit the brake they would be brand new and be crystallized is mins.... have you done any hard braking?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
get hawk ceramic pads they are good and dont squeek or you can get the duralast gold ceramic pads from autozone they have lifetime warranty and work great on my friends GT he hasnt had any problems with them

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it just started so...i guess ill just replace the pads and go from there

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had that problem alot with cheap pads it sounded like a bad squeak any time you hit the brake they would be brand new and be crystallized is mins.... have you done any hard braking?
only once in a while when someone cuts me off.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get hawk ceramic pads they are good and dont squeek or you can get the duralast gold ceramic pads from autozone they have lifetime warranty and work great on my friends GT he hasnt had any problems with them
yea i think im ganna go with the hawk pads.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i would say just buy new pads man cant go wrong with them

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
you wont be disappointed with the hawk they are great if you have some extra cash i would get some slotted and drilled rotors to improve breaking then flush the old fluid out and put some dot 4 in it but thats just what i would do it always help out to upgrade your breaks because you need it to slow you down faster especially if your going to be modding more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts