Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started doing this about two weeks ago. At first it was only when I would just rest my foot on the clutch, and just the weight of my foot would trigger the noise. Now, even if my foot is not on the clutch, it happens until I push the clutch in all the way. I've checked the belt and pulley's but it is definitely related to the clutch. Any ideas?:sorry

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
TOB = Throw Out Bearing

sounds like it is going bad

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Its the throwout bearing for sure. Might as well upgrade the clutch while you have it out =]

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
No, will just be hella annoying. The bearing is just bad. As said, replace/resurface some things if you have it all out. You may not need a whole new clutch, but it may be a good idea. Getting the flywheel resurfaced is good as well, do this FOR SURE if you get a new clutch. Also the clutch fork and cable can get worn after awhile.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
Wonderful lol. It's not going to mess anything up will it?
Worst thing that could happen will be to have a cracked tob and a damaged pressure plate thanks to the bad tob and you won't be able to shift if it gets really bad.....

The previous seller gave me a 2nd clutch that was on the car, it just needs a new tob, cuz he bought everything when he changed the tob and that's all he needed, he just wasted his money.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts