1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
lol AM put their own brand of springs on clearance, which means they probably didnt sell too well

i would stay away

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AM's brand? Aren't they stack racing?

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stack racing is American Muscle
You learn something new every day! Hrm.. well if they are their own springs then you are probably right.

What is your recommendation? Im looking for a drop that wont need CC plates or bumpsteer kits.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
You learn something new every day! Hrm.. well if they are their own springs then you are probably right.

What is your recommendation?

they dont tell you anywhere that its their own brand but when i tried to get my stack racing wheels through a local dealer we put the pieces together

long story but

i would go with a reputable brand for anything on the car that could cause a safety issue if it failed, im not saying that if you buy th SR springs your going to have problems but with me its just a piece of mind thing, i have eibach springs myself and lots of people seems to be happy with H & R

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
you should get the h&r race springs

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I've heard the H&R Super Sports are nice too. I just plan on cutting my stock springs personally. Saves some money.

·
Black Stallion
27 Posts
H&R Super Sport springs are great IMO, but you will need CC plates, new shocks and alignment at the least.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
+1 H&R's for stance

Steeda, H&R race, or FRPP C springs for performance.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just saying, but being that it's a companies brand like American Muscle in this instance, doesn't mean it's bad quality. Just might not drop as far as some of the others. Really no reason to stay away just because it's their own.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Just saying, but being that it's a companies brand like American Muscle in this instance, doesn't mean it's bad quality. Just might not drop as far as some of the others. Really no reason to stay away just because it's their own.
I mean I doubt anything would happen but I myself prefer to go with something reputable for a part like springs. And when a company puts a part on clearance it usually means its no longer being made or didn't sell well enough to keep as a product, which either way isnt a plus.

In the end its the op's decision but i woudnt buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
....they seem to have good reviews though. All the negative ones have been filtered out :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
348 Posts
Putting something on "clearance" is a sales strategy. It means nothing in regards to quality.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Putting something on "clearance" is a sales strategy. It means nothing in regards to quality.
from what i have seen once something on AM is on clearance and sold out its removed from the site

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to clear up a few things about our SR Performance lowering springs!

These springs were only supposed to be a part of our Holiday Sale and NOT on clearance. One of the members of our Web Team must have made a mistake and added them to clearance, so I'm going to get that fixed ASAP! We plan to keep these SR Performance springs around for a long time! They're not on clearance to be discontinued, so sorry for the confusion...

We're really happy with the quality of these springs. They're made at a high-quality manufacturer and have performed great on our own vehicles, as well as customer vehicles. We've tested and developed proper spring rates for each gen/model and ride height combination. We've used them on our Bolt-On Build-Ups and haven't had anything but positive things to say! In fact, they have been one of our most popular springs because of their affordability, ride height and quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BboQBPTyXJU&list=PL525A72FB6E8FD5C1&index=1

If you're looking to spend a little bit more on springs, we have that option, too! Companies like Eibach, H&R, etc. focus solely on engineering suspension components and you'll be thrilled with what they have to offer. We've used Eibach on many of our Project Cars, employee-owned Mustangs, etc. in the past. Nothing but great things to say!

Hopefully this helps clear up some of the confusion in this thread. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane

....they seem to have good reviews though. All the negative ones have been filtered out :shiftyeyes

We do have negative Product Reviews on our site. Just go to any item and select the option to sort reviews from low to high and I'm sure you'll find a few. Check out the reviews on this Saleen Body kit for 99-04 Mustangs. I don't think it has one single positive review. Of course, we'll probably pull this kit off our site soon, until the manufacturer makes some changes based off of this negative feedback.

There's really only two reasons we have to approve the reviews before putting them on our site. Foul language or inappropriate comments will get deleted of course, but we'll also delete comments if the manufacturer fixes those issues. So, lets say an intake has poor fitment and there are comments that reflect that. We'll delete those comments if the manufacturer comes out with a new intake that has been tested to have a better fit and we no longer carry the old one in our inventory.

As long as your comment falls within those two requirements, any Product Review you write should be posted up. If you wrote a negative review and don't see it, shoot me a PM with the item and I'll find out what happened.

Shane

1 - 20 of 24 Posts