1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
youll get maybe 55rwhp from it assuming you have full boltons

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
o ya didnt even realize that your single port. go split port than go get a stage 3 power pack, from that youll gain about 85rwhp

theres really no point in modding a single port

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
that plus a full exhaust, intake, 8.8 swap, some gearing, and a tuner or chip and your v6 will move pretty good, but ultimately FI is going to be needed

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
don't go stage 3 untill you are about to got F/I or if you are puting it on a crazy N/A or N2o car, because you will have a lack of power in the low end. but yes a split port swap would be a good first step.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
heres an estimate power so you know
223rwhp was from a split port stage2+
on a n/a car it might be 230rwhp...it'll really boil down to the tune and shape of the motor

·
Registered
186 Posts
why does he need the split port swap? on the ssms website it says the stage 2+ for the 96-98 adds 85hp and the stage 2+ for the 99+ adds 80hp. i know that depends on other things such as tune and bolt ons and stuff but it seems he would be geting the same numbers with the single port and for like $300 less. (i'm also asking for my self)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Tisk.. Tisk... Tisk...

your better off getting a split port swap if you ask me
Good answer.
o ya didnt even realize that your single port. go split port than go get a stage 3 power pack, from that youll gain about 85rwhp

theres really no point in modding a single port
Good answer on the go split port again.

that plus a full exhaust, intake, 8.8 swap, some gearing, and a tuner or chip and your v6 will move pretty good, but ultimately FI is going to be needed
Why does he need an 8.8? If hes not planning gobs of hp?

don't go stage 3 untill you are about to got F/I or if you are puting it on a crazy N/A or N2o car, because you will have a lack of power in the low end. but yes a split port swap would be a good first step.
Since when is a s3 power pack going to cause a lack of power anywhere?!!? At least you mentioned split port swap.

why does he need the split port swap? on the ssms website it says the stage 2+ for the 96-98 adds 85hp and the stage 2+ for the 99+ adds 80hp. i know that depends on other things such as tune and bolt ons and stuff but it seems he would be geting the same numbers with the single port and for like $300 less. (i'm also asking for my self)
Lets do some basic 1st grade math using the rated crank numbers for the vehicles.

94-98: 150hp
99-04: 190hp

150hp+85hp=235
190hp+80hp=270

235 IS NOT >= 270
235 IS < 270

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Since when is a s3 power pack going to cause a lack of power anywhere?!!? At least you mentioned split port swap.
that came right from ssms when i called them about my projcet. he said i should stay with the 2+ heads on the stock botom end because tou could wory about low end power loss. but when i up the CR and stroke it i will need a much biger cam and the best flowing head i can get. keep in mind this is all on an N/A moter, for F/I there won't be a problom with the S3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts