Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the money for the stage 2+ for a 2002 auto v6.
I cant decide if i should keep saving to a supercharger or just go ahead with this.
I have cai and a tuner
ssms about 2800 with intal kit. 90hp
procharger kit around 4000 40-60% increase

I know i would need the supporting mods
true dual
gars
t lock

let me know what u guys think.
what kind of hp should i expect?

p.s.for all of u out there that are going to give me **** about talking about this a million time before dont waist your time. (i was dreaming before now i can do it:D)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
well honestly go with the power pack, first IMO then S/C later that way your engine will already be able to handle higher boost cause you will want it lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
or he could upgrade his internals so he could effectively run a supercharger

honestly if you want to go FI
get forged internals and lower compression heads

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
well honestly go with the power pack, first IMO then S/C later that way your engine will already be able to handle higher boost cause you will want it lol
Power pack doesn't include any forged internals. So it wont handle higher boost.

or he could upgrade his internals so he could effectively run a supercharger

honestly if you want to go FI
get forged internals and lower compression heads
Forged internals, low comp pistons.

procharger...

makes more power

Vortech FTW!

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you can mill the heads..but that'll RAISE the compression
or get a deeper bowl which they dont have and will require shorter valves

you do not need forged internals to run a s/c or turbo efficiently, effectively or anything
if anything upgrading your rear is more important

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
the fact that relocating the AC compressor could scare some one **** less... i know i would second guess it

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
+1 one that isnt knowledged on the a/c compressor and lines
would start to take out the back lines with out a worry then blow an o-ring and have regfrigrant all in their face and motor

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
+1 one that isnt knowledged on the a/c compressor and lines
would start to take out the back lines with out a worry then blow an o-ring and have regfrigrant all in their face and motor

Thats half the fun...

You can have it discharged, its really not that hard. taking ac lines off are simple.

I could say somebody who isn't knowledgeable in taking off the front bumper could end up with a mess too doing the intercooler.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
eh, discharging the s/c correctly not to many people have the machine
letting it go in the air is bad for the atmosphere

i take my front bumper off so much its annoying me

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i would be better at the front bumper cover then the a/c compressor... plus you have to bend lines for certain models and ****... doesn't sound like fun if you ask me

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
i would be better at the front bumper cover then the a/c compressor... plus you have to bend lines for certain models and ****... doesn't sound like fun if you ask me
Vortech provides the lines.

Anyway, YOU can't compare yourself to installing anything... I don't think I need to keep bringing up your header install do I? The A/C is bolts thats it. Turn of wrench and the ac lines is gone from the a/c compressor, turn of wrench the compressor is gone, its not hard.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i don't see why you keep having to bash me cause of difficulties and the lack of time to work on my car... 2 nights to take apart... 2 nights to install... worked about 2 hours each night... including heating the garage clean up and ****...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just saw tma turbo at v6power.net fs! that is also something to consider

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
just saw tma turbo at v6power.net fs! that is also something to consider
Andy will make you a kit if A.) you don't bug him with questions. and B.) you have the money of course.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^Thats good to know

1 - 20 of 70 Posts