Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
well it all depends. if you can find some good used parts that are already ported, it will be cheaper to do it that way, but if you get the kit your gauranteed to get it all right away. it seems like a good kit, i don't have it but it seems like it will give good gains for the money.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i went with a ssm ho 3.8 motor, with stage 2+ plus heads and stage 3 intakes and a mild cam and made 177 at the wheels. That was thru a bad tranny and a cam that was pretty much specd for a p/a. Tom knows his stuff and if in doubt you should call him and he will work with you!!!!!

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Save for boost.

Great products, but these engines need boost. For the stage 3 plus install your talking the same money to go procharger.

Plus if it's me i like the windstar intake better. I would do SSM heads/SSM Lower/Windstar upper
Aren't the stage 3+ the F/I kits? Don't they have blower cams in those kits?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
it really depends on your plans. if you dont plan on doing f/i then i would definately go for the kit right now. idk it really all depends. If you can do the install yourself it is cheaper than buying a sc or turbo. and i am sure that if you called with the stage 3+ you could get a cam specifically for your application.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You can normally get a used s/c kit cheaper than the stage 2 power pack.

·
Registered
806 Posts
it really depends on your plans. if you dont plan on doing f/i then i would definately go for the kit right now. idk it really all depends. If you can do the install yourself it is cheaper than buying a sc or turbo. and i am sure that if you called with the stage 3+ you could get a cam specifically for your application.
Honestly if your wanting to stay N/A but put money into the car you have the wrong car. Put a little more into it and make tons more power. Lets say the power pack makes 230-240rwhp, and my supercharger makes 290-300rwhp.
which was the better buy? plus a smaller pulley makes more boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts