Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my parts over a month ago and they did not arrive. When I called to see what was going on, they told me that the parts were discontinued. Two weeks after that, they still did not refund my credit card charges.

I have bought online before and based on my experience, if an item is unavailable you should not be able to purchase it. I asked this company how they can accept my money and not send me anything? They did not respond.

Has anyone here dealt with Stage 3?

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
i have dealt with stage 3 many times! great company. so long as we are talking about the stage 3 motorsports here in phoenix,az. sounds strange to me that bill, john or spencer would let something like that happen. if it is the stage 3 in az, lemme know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is the same company. One of the items was purchased on September 26th and the other October 12th. No one contacted me and I called on Monday of last week to see what was going on. Here is their response:

"that part that you ordered online is a discontinued part and has not been available for sometime. your order was processed because it was placed online. to return the money to your account we need you to call in and give us the credit card information from the card that you used to place the order. the sooner that you call the sooner that we can get the money back in your account."

When I called he told me that the reason I was able to order it is because the part number was still active. That did not make sense to me. When I order from Newegg, I cannot order a part or item that is out of stock. This is the same with other companies.

Almost two weeks went by since I called so I emailed them again:

"I called in the beginning of last week and still have not received my money back for both items."

This is their response:

"the accounting department has told me that the refunds are being taken care of and the money will be back in your account shortly."

Meanwhile, I have accrued two months of credit card interest because they sold me parts that they do not and will not have.

I emailed them with this and will initiate a credit card dispute because the funds have still not been credited back to my account:

"Any idea when? I called on Monday of last week so it's going on two weeks now. I am really disappointed with this whole transaction and your website? Why was I able to purchase an item that you did not have in stock? How come no one contacted me and stated that the item was not available? Are there no internal controls there? What I mean is, when someone purchases online, shouldn't that be matched with a shipping document? Didn't someone notice that money came in and nothing went out?

It seems like you just took my money and waited until I contacted you. Now I am stuck paying interest on a non-existent purchase that I made two months ago? I have not come across any other website that does this."

Maybe this is a good company; however, my first experience with them has been really bad.

·
Registered
978 Posts
man im really sorry to hear that. i have dealt with them numerous times and have had a great repor with them and their customer service has always been VERY good. no problems at all, im really sorry to hear that bro. on the bright side to your dilemma (if it helps) is that sometimes it takes 14 - 21 days for them to credit your credit card account back with the money so hopefully it will happen shortly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How long? Interest accrues daily. It takes a few days to run a charge. Why does a refund take so long?

Is a week sufficient? I see people complaining if they don't receive their parts in a week. I feel I have been very patient as the purchase took place on 9/24 (almost two months ago!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just spoke to my credit card and they tell me that it should take 15 days for a credit. I called Stage 3 on 11/2 and the credit card representative told me that if the credit is not on my card by 11/17 to call back and initiate a dispute.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i hope it all works out for you man. hopefully with everything bad happening like it did, maybe you can get something worked out with the credit card company on the finance charges.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They tell me that the finance charges do not show up until my next statement so if I get the credit before the next statement I should be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts