Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend has a 2006 stage 3 roush. It's stock, I think.
He wants more power. I know you can do a 2.57 pulley but how much power will that gain him? What else could he do? Do people port the M90 blower?

Also, how much power are these internals good up to?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
500hp on a safe tune for the internals but hes gonna really have to spin that M90 to get power from what I understand.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I know some guys that have GT500 fuel pump, 10% OD pulley, smaller blower pulley, the vmp cold air intake and tune, frpp throttle body, and a few other things and they didn't hit 450 rwhp, but stock he has 427hp at the crank, so that's a big difference. I think he could upgrade the supercharger to a TVS 2300 for a good price since you can use the manifold..

·
Registered
201 Posts
VMP or JDM kit will get him to about 500hp at the flywheel. 500 at the wheels is prob about max for the stock internals.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much does the 2300 go for without the manifold?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
a couple grand.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Go to vmp tuning dot com and check it out man, lots of good stuff there and I hear he does great tunes

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay I'm the friend with the roush lol, and I'm new to the forums, I don't have a couple grand to throw on a new super, so how much does that limit my options? And be patient with me because I'm still learning haha.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
well your basically at the limit of the effiiceny of your current supercharger, if you go over that, its gonna take alot of boost, just to make a little more power.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
So really the only way I can boost power by a decent amount would be to replace the super?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Basically. I know, it sucks huge shlong. But that's the nature of the m90. Cheap and great for about 9 pounds of boost.

What you could do is weight reduction if possible. Best bang for buck when it comes to speed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Or throw some gears at it, but Idk what they come with stock. You could find a used one cheap but, still it wont be under a grand, but its alot cheaper than a new one.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
ehh Id wait, IMO you could get blower cams, but I think that at your power level you might see not see alot of gains becuase your not really maxing your stock cams yet. I would have to say once you reach the maximum on the motor or close to it which is around 500hp then I would worry about cams, but if you dont have 3.73s in the car already or 4.10s I would get new gears which are around $150. And if you dont have good tires get some of those, unless you drive it year round, or you could get a dyno tune on it. Honestly I dont know how safe or agressive the stock roush tune comes on your car, so you could easily gain HP there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah my buddy was telling me to get a dyno tune so I'm probably gonna start there, but if I got a dyno before I did any work on it I would have to get it re-dynotuned post mod right?

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Or throw some gears at it, but Idk what they come with stock. You could find a used one cheap but, still it wont be under a grand, but its alot cheaper than a new one.
Just to clarify to the roush owner

He said gears would make you faster, but not really gain any hp. It's all about the eye that the gear spins. The faster the gear turns, the faster the tire turns. It's mechanical advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
well depends on the work, if you do cams, then yes, new pulley yhea, but the exhaust, you could get away with not doing a tune, will it blow your motor no, will you get max power out of the setup, no, but what you could do is buy into the Bama Tunes for life on american muscle, you pay a flat rate, and you get unlimited tunes, but you have to do some sort of data logging so they can make you a tune, then its a little back and forth till you get the tune right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
okay, my buddy suggested I do a 2.57 pulley, frpp hot rod cams and a dyno tune, if im understanding him correctly haha, what output would I end up with there?

1 - 20 of 205 Posts