·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Call Comp Cams

I have a 5speed so no info on auto's but I called Comp Cams in Nashville and they filled me in and pointed me to a authorized dealer and installer in a reasonable travel time. I hope this helps I would call next week because if I was in Nashville now I would be knee deep in some BBQ and a Beer to close to quitting time!

Herrmann T

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
"This SOHC Camshaft requires the use of 3.73 or steeper rear gears and a 2500 plus stall speed converter for automatic transmissions."

They are compatible with the stock factory valve springs (NSR). Check with comp cams: 1-800-999-0853. I don't think you need a new TC. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks like you got a manual. You don't have a torque converter. Plus you've got 4.10 gears. You're good to go. You'll love the cams, but you will notice some low-end torque loss. I did.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you got a manual. You don't have a torque converter. Plus you've got 4.10 gears. You're good to go. You'll love the cams, but you will notice some low-end torque loss. I did.
Well, not gonna lie, did not realize that, do now. I learned somthing today. :p

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
those cams can be had for around $650 at most places. AM is't the cheapest place for cams.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
spr cams are better no question but the nsr's are a solid cams. Research befor you buy! have a look at a graph from nsr cams and tell me what you see?^

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
SPR can be used for both N/A and F/I cars.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
NSR Cams are good but if you want to go all out for more HP then get the SPR.

The NSR Cams keep your engine within the 6K RPM range so they don't stress and break your OEM springs

The SPR Cams will push your RPMs past the 6800 that stock springs are rated at, therefore the need for a upgrade to better and more badass springs or your OEM springs will break.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im thinking about getting the stage 2 nsr comp cams but I don't know if I wanna sacrifice the low end. I mean..I want cams for the sound but not at the expense of the power loss. I was hoping it would also make the car feel a bit more powerful.

·
Registered
138 Posts
"This SOHC Camshaft requires the use of 3.73 or steeper rear gears and a 2500 plus stall speed converter for automatic transmissions."

They are compatible with the stock factory valve springs (NSR). Check with comp cams: 1-800-999-0853. I don't think you need a new TC. Hope this helps.
They are not required but recommended. For someone reason everyone says this but its not true according to the site.

COMP Cams: (STAGE 2) XFI™ NSR, XE261LH-15.5 <br> Solid Power Gains Above 4900 RPM, Great Idle

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I've had these cams with 4.10 gears while N/A and now FI. The power you lose down low is not very noticeable. You're only in the low rpm's for a quick second after that you're probably 4Krpms or higher. The 4.10 gears help you get out the low end very quickly also.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Man these cams were my original choice next to the Hotrods. I know everybody calls them a fashion cam, but they do make good power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.