Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a 205 or 215 front on stock pony wheels. My heap currently has a 225 on the front, 245 rear. The times has come for new front tires, I will probably just do 225s again but wanted to see how the thinner fronts look.

Pics Appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Damn, this is exactly what I planned on doing, I mean what you have now, 245/50s in the back and 225/55s in the front on stock ponies. Mine is an 89 GT and I was wondering if there's any rubbing on the quads, or fender wells? Sorry for the hijack but the opportunity was too good to resist, thanks guys.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, it looks good. It is probably what I will end up doing, I realize a 205 is pushing it on a 7" rim.

I don't have a good pic of that fitment right now. If it stops raining I'll pull it outside to get something worthwhile. At least from the passenger side, I'm in the process of painting my wheels so the driver side front has a donut spare on it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nope, it looks good. It is probably what I will end up doing, I realize a 205 is pushing it on a 7" rim.

I don't have a good pic of that fitment right now. If it stops raining I'll pull it outside to get something worthwhile. At least from the passenger side, I'm in the process of painting my wheels so the driver side front has a donut spare on it.
Great, would love to see it. Are your fronts 225/50s or 225/55s? What brand tire, and does staggering the tire size have any negative effects on handling, cornering, etc? Thanks man, I can't believe I stumbled on this post!

·
Registered
342 Posts
wider tire in the back means more traction and helps you hook, for drag you generally want a skinny tire up front and wide tire in the rear.. if you want to carve corners than you want wider tires all around, so yes it effects handling but with a 205 it should be okay on the streets, just dont roll into corners doing 50 lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
wider tire in the back means more traction and helps you hook, for drag you generally want a skinny tire up front and wide tire in the rear.. if you want to carve corners than you want wider tires all around, so yes it effects handling but with a 205 it should be okay on the streets, just dont roll into corners doing 50 lol
I'm aware in theory a 205 is marginal but acceptable on a 7inch rim, but realistically does anyone have pictures of them on pony's? Definitely a proper height tire as well, around 25-26".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, this is exactly what I planned on doing, I mean what you have now, 245/50s in the back and 225/55s in the front on stock ponies. Mine is an 89 GT and I was wondering if there's any rubbing on the quads, or fender wells? Sorry for the hijack but the opportunity was too good to resist, thanks guys.
Don't mind my dirty ass car, I am in the middle of prepping it for paint (spraying it next week :D ) and am also refinishing the wheels. I stuck the wheels/tires on and pulled it out for a few cell pics since it wasn't raining, I tried to get the pics so you could see the difference in tire size, it really isn't that much, just a little bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts