Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question about "stall kits or stall converters"? I dont even know what they are called. But when i was looking at 5.0 ads some of them said "stall kits, or stall converters or anti-stall kits" I dunno what they are though? Is it for people who suck at Manuals or something?
I was just woundering what they are and what they do and if they are worth the money or more for drag cars or something? I have no idea, so i was just woundering and i though i would ask they guys who know all about this kinda stuff, you guys. :bow
Thanks for any helpful info guys i appreciate it! - The Novice.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its a torque convertor that doesnt fully engage untill a certain higher rpm.....they are for automatics to be able to launch my harder at the strip......and it is a stall convertor......the kit your probly thinkin about is a shift kit which goes inside a automatic tranny for quicker firmer shifts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
yes they are worth it depending on how you drive your car I just put a 3500 yank converter in mine but I wouldnt recommend it on a stock car wait till you drop some serious cash or HP into your motor and suspension first

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the help, i was just woundering. While im at it, is there even anything that is ment to help prevent the car from stalling or something like that? I though i heard of something, but i dont really know. Just woundering. Didnt know if theres anything at all or not....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
your tlkin about for a stick shift right......i havent ever heard of anything like that because basically it would have to be something that was making the clutch slip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts