Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So im getting ready to have a custom stall made for my car, the stang made 260.1 rwhp 285.0 rwtq.

I was wondering if any of you guys that may have a stalled auto pony could post up some videos of WOT runs as well as just cruisin'.

Hope to get some responses.

Thanks guys, keep on racing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the mods list:

CHP 306 Street Fighter engine package
-165 AFR Heads
-Crane 1.7 Roller Rocker Arms
-Trick Flow Stage 1 Hyd. Roller Cam (nice sound)
-Trick Flow Upper & Lower Intake Manifold
-Trick Flow Throttle Body Inlet Adapter
-BBK 70mm Throttle Body
-Vortech Mass Air Meter for Stock 19lb Injectors
-MAC Fenderwell Mount Cold Air Kit
-Ford Racing 24lb Injectors
-MAC Power Pullies
-Mac 1 5/8" Unequal Shorty Headers
-Magnaflow 2 1/2" Catted H pipe
-ADVANCED TRANSMISSION RE-BUILT AOD-E
(STOCK STALL)
-YUKON Duragrip 28 Spline Performance Differential w/Composite Clutch 8.8" Rear End
-Energy Suspension Engine and Tranny Urethane mounts
-Diablo Sport CMR Revolution Tunning Chip
-Walbro 190lph fuel pump
-Kirban Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Fluidyne 2 row Radiator
-MSD Distributor, Cap, Rotor, Coil, Wires
260.01 Hp 286.71 Tq

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
Got it. Thanks. I was expecting you to have about 15-20rwhp more 'cause I'm only 16.5hp/2.5tq behind you with:

C&L 76mm CAI/MAF kit
Summit Racing 75mm throttle body
Trick Flow 75mm throttle body adapter elbow
Edelbrock Performer intake manifold (inlet to upper ported to 75mm)
Ported factory E7TE cylinder heads
Crane Cobra 1.7 roller rockers
MAC 1-5/8" long tube headers
Custom offroad H-pipe
Straight-through mufflers with stock tailpipes
Pacesetter Monza 3" chrome tailpipe tips with resonators
ASP underdrive crank pulley
AC/Smog pump/EGR delete
Summit Racing billet aluminium distributor
Walbro 190lph fuel pump
BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi

Is your chip custom burnt or does it have an off-the-shelf canned tune?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the chip is customed burnt by GTR High Performance.

the upgrades that i think will help my overall Hp is the Long Tubes and the off road H pipe. i may find another 10rwhp, maybe?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i aslo still have all the smog junk in the car, maybe upon deleting this, find another 5hp?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question Bullitt95: When you ran the 13.3 @ 105, were u stalling the car before letting it rip down the track, or was your run off idle to WOT? What do you find works best?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Question Bullitt95: When you ran the 13.3 @ 105, were u stalling the car before letting it rip down the track, or was your run off idle to WOT? What do you find works best?
I find mine launches a lot harder with a little bit of throttle with the brakes on. Not much, just to like 1k rpm or so. Anything more you risk wheel spin and a false start.
If I do it just right, all the pens in my center console under the radio fly out everywhere. The radio itself pops out a little as well :eek:

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
the upgrades that i think will help my overall Hp is the Long Tubes and the off road H pipe. i may find another 10rwhp, maybe?
At least.

i aslo still have all the smog junk in the car, maybe upon deleting this, find another 5hp?
Possibly. I've seen a similar combo to yours put down 285rwhp/295rwtq but with long tubes and all the smog crap deleted.

My technique was more or less as John described. Leaving off idle was too slow and stalling would cause too much wheelspin, so I couldn't use all of the available torque with my street radials. My 60' would probably be at least 3/10 better with the extra traction of drag radials and stalling with a higher rpm stall converter.
I kept my CDs in the center console storage box so at least I didn't have anything flying backwards. :D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
You should clarify that you will never get the car to dead stall to 2200 on the foot brake with the factory converter.

I would talk to alan at DirtyDog Performance (Powered by CubeCart) about building you a stall, his converters will stall to or super super close to what they say on the foot brake. Also he can take your mods into consideration and tell you exactly where your stall needs to be. Great guy, great service. You planning on leaving on the foot brake or doing a tranny brake?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
You should clarify that you will never get the car to dead stall to 2200 on the foot brake with the factory converter.
That's true. I didn't mention that but good point.

I would talk to alan at DirtyDog Performance (Powered by CubeCart) about building you a stall
Already have. I'm looking for a 2800-3000rpm stall converter and he recommended this one:

Converters - Ford - 4R70W / AODE - Billet 11inch 4R70W - DirtyDog Performance (Powered by CubeCart) - DirtyDog Performance

Now I just need save enough dinero to buy it, have it shipped to the UAE, and pay the tranny shop to install it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i plan of leaving off the foot brake. My only issue now is that my AOD-E gets a hiccup on the 1st to 2nd shift, the nose of the car will dip for a moment, then the gear goes in. It doesnt always do this during WOT runs, but sometimes.

I raced my buddys 2000Camaro SS (auto+mild bolt ons) twice, he got me on the first run off the line & the "W". Round 2 i had him by a car off the line and the infamous hiccup happened. lost by a car, weak sauce i know. so i think that before i spend some $$$ on a tranny, maybe a stall, tranny cooler, and a shift kit may help.

any ideas what may be causing this?
oh yeah and the Idle Control Valve acts up from time to time. could that cause these unpredictable automatic tranny mis-shifts?

Great help guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
first thing how in the hell do you only have 260 hp was the motor on its last leg before the build? was the bottom end shoot,the hicup you speak of is the redline, try to back off the gas,before it shifts,then slam it to the floor as soon as you here it grab the gear ,i had the same problem got a stage 3 programer now its fast as hell and if iam not carefull 2nd is sliding sideways.

I have a 94 gt 5.0 302 with the bottom end rebuilt perfomer heads 2.02,trick flow upper and lower 24lb injectors,w roller rocker set up elda 90 degree elbo 75mm mas,cai,30something splin axles with 410 gears, and its well over 375 hp.all stock aode tranny rebuilt.

so what iam tryin to say unless you have 300 plus a stall is pointless, you can do way more with the brake and gas,because if you have a stall and little horse, a stock gt with 410s will kill yours ....

ITS ALL IN THE SET UP !!!!!!!!!!! and your motor guys.
tryn to post a video where i smoked a 01 gt with a 2200 stall,and 100 shot nos.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
first thing how in the hell do you only have 260 hp was the motor on its last leg before the build?
It was 260hp at the rear wheels behind an automatic, which is equivalent to ~340 crank HP. I think his shorty headers are costing him a few HP.

I have a 94 gt 5.0 302 with the bottom end rebuilt perfomer heads 2.02,trick flow upper and lower 24lb injectors,w roller rocker set up elda 90 degree elbo 75mm mas,cai,30something splin axles with 410 gears, and its well over 375 hp.all stock aode tranny rebuilt.
Is that 375hp at the crank or at the wheels? At the crank it might be believable but at the wheels definitely not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
my guy has been putting 5.0s together for 20 plus years thats all he does its 407hp on 91octane with alchol 411hp,but that **** is 5.50 a gallon, but HOLY **** IT MAKES A DIFF, 320 at the ground he has did his tricks of 20 years to make it insanely quik

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
he has did his tricks of 20 years to make it insanely quik
Perhaps you'd like to share them with us?
Let me guess. He ran the engine on the dyno with open stepped tube race headers, an electric water pump, no belt-driven accessories, and used the generous STD dyno correction factor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
nope this is not a pissing contest the motor was in the car. its cool if you dont belive me iam not here to have spats,thats why i got married,LOL i have shown him your mods and even you with the proper "sets" should be higher in hp? what is your timing set at?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
I'm not trying to make it a pissing contest but I've never heard of any Edelbrock Performer headed NA 302 combination even make 320rwhp with a manual tranny, never mind a power-sucking auto, so forgive my scepticism. I'm not saying it's impossible but it would require major port work to those heads, perhaps the TFS intake as well, and a few other tricks. You didn't mention which cam you used.
Can you post your dyno sheets?
As for my own combo, timing is set at 12 degrees and I'm using stock 19lb injectors but with the fuel pressure raised to 45psi (with vacuum disconnected). The main bottleneck in my engine is the heads and I'm sure I'd gain 30-35rwhp with a pair of AFR 165s alone.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts