Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im reaching the limits of my stock computer. I have a bamma tune on my computer but its for my old 302 gt40 setup. Im running a 331 now and im about to go supercharged. Car was at the dyno today and i put down 410 on the first past. Only tuning i did was take out a lil bit of fuel and advanced timing a bit. My vortech is coming in next week and im looking to be 500+ on pump gas.

I have narrowed down my search to 2 different types of kits both plug and play from mega squirt..

MegaSquirt-II V3.57 plug and play for 1986-1993 5.0 Mustang

$611.00

MegaSquirt-II V3.57 with 2.1.0 firmware
16 x 16 fuel table
12 x 12 spark table
Base map and sensor calibration already loaded
No mass air flow meter required. get that restriction off of your engine!
Built in MAP sensor runs up to 21 psi of boost
Tune your fuel and ignition for naturally aspirated, supercharged, or turbo applications
Full throttle timing curve tracks with boost level - you won't need any other black boxes retarding timing under boost, just tune the proper timing in the table!
User adjustable rev limiter
Closed loop idle control maintains steady idle RPM
Can be set for any injector size
Allows closed loop O2 mixture adjustment with wideband O2 sensor and controller (not included)
Includes all sensors needed to run the engine

The other one is

MegaSquirtPNP G2 EEC4A8 for 86-93 Ford Mustang 5.0
$839.00

Fully Plug and Play Installation - No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
5.0 HO base maps is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key
Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
Uses internal MAP sensor - can be used on both cars with factory MAF or speed density
Mounts in the stock location - case is specifically designed to use factory mounting points
Fully Tunable Engine Control!

16x16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
12x12 Ignition Tables
Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
Retains air conditioner function
Onboard peak and hold drivers support both high or low impedance injectors - No external ballast resistor is needed!
Allows removal of stock MAF sensor, if so equipped
Advanced Feature Set (Included!)

12x12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
Real time barometric correction
Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
Overboost protection
Closed loop boost control (Requires DIYAutoTune.com EBC solenoid kit)
Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
Headphone output for knock sensor - listen for knock while you tune!
Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
Input for flex fuel sensor - switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors).....the possibilities are limitless!

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I got a boner reading the second computer specs. And to think when I clicked on this link I thought it was going to be about stand alone MUSTACHES!! This looks like something I will purchase. If I read that right, you have 2 settings...one with and without nitrous. I wonder if that means it doesn't retard the timing when you're not running N2O? Something to research. I like what I've read so far.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
BTW, what is your setup to get 410 N/A on a 331? Or were you spraying?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, what is your setup to get 410 N/A on a 331? Or were you spraying?
I'm going to be honest. My father blew up my motor last year. I replaced it with a stockish 302 with gt40 everything. What he has told me so far is that I have custom pistons and a custom cam which has around 700 lift or some nonsense like that trickflow heads which have been race ported,255 pump 24lb injectors and calibrated Maf, gt40 lower ported and downs ford "bread box intake"Point blank my pops a jerk and doesn't wanna tell me the combo... We grudge race alot so I guess that's y all the secrets. He told me that's the only bday and Christmas present I will ever get again. Lol

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1354798836.134021.jpg

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1354798861.004072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Yeah, so a 302 with a gt40 lower made 407 rwhp? Ok to your original question, there is no reason to spend all that money when a better maf and larger injectors with a dyno tune can support 800 rwhp, unless you just want it so you can say you have a stand alone. Not sure of what you want, so just tossing the info out there.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The nice thing about a MegaSquirt or any stand alone, is that if you ever make any changes you can tune for them yourself, without having to take it back for a retune every time.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, so a 302 with a gt40 lower made 407 rwhp? Ok to your original question, there is no reason to spend all that money when a better maf and larger injectors with a dyno tune can support 800 rwhp, unless you just want it so you can say you have a stand alone. Not sure of what you want, so just tossing the info out there.
I know I could but I just wanted to be able to make adjustments myself rather than having to send the chip to get burned again. Plus I wanted to spend some money. Lol

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Well, you should also consider getting an sct racer package and burn your own chip for your car. Ive been curious to try the ms stuff, but I read so much stuff about people having glitches and priblems.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know but I know alot of people were asking these questions. So I figured we could all talk about it. How much power has some one made with the stock computer?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Larely, the highest Ive tuned was 750 rwhp, blown, and 510 rwhp n/a. If you have a stick block, you,ll never have to worry about exceeding the capabilities of a stock computer.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Im confused gripthenboost.... i to would like to know your combo on your 331. Id sounded like you were listing your 302 modds.

So if im understanding right. You got 410 hp on your 331 ? What heads and compresion are you running ? Injector size ect... ect...

Athough ive seen 331-347 get higher hp then that, it seems around here on this forum that almost every stroker gets 330-370 hp. So im wanting to know what you did right where we all went wrong.

·
Rattle Trap
62 Posts
I am using Moates Quarterhorse and the stock eec.

First engine (302) made 515rwhp/450tq 14psi @ 6100 with Trick Flow top end and a Vortec. The boost and power were still climbing at 6100rpm, it was shut down because of the stock block. My tuner said it was looking like about 560 at 6500 and 16psi

Current setup is 420CI should be around 450rwhp N/A. It will get the supercharger next and looking for close to 700.

I dont know the limits of the stock eec.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alot of guys around me use the quarter horse. They make good numbers. My pops car has an accel DFI, he tunes it himself and I'm learning on that. The megeasquirt looks similar so I'm going to pay with it a bit.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I know u run grudge but Pm the combo??

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Im confused gripthenboost.... i to would like to know your combo on your 331. Id sounded like you were listing your 302 modds.

So if im understanding right. You got 410 hp on your 331 ? What heads and compresion are you running ? Injector size ect... ect...

Athough ive seen 331-347 get higher hp then that, it seems around here on this forum that almost every stroker gets 330-370 hp. So im wanting to know what you did right where we all went wrong.
Grudge racing = racing for money.

So if he posts his whole combo, everyone will know what he can potentially run and therefore, he'll lose money :D

I got your back grip then boost... Sounds like a healthy combo. Those gt40 lowers are very nice when ported. Matted to a box style upper will make it scream.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
23 Posts
Grip, have you purchased this ECU already? Do you have any questions you need answered?

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts