Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has been giving me problems since last thanksgiving its been cutting out when i turn on any of the accessories or lights and get worse as i turn on more it will idle fine but if i drive it say with the headlights on and mash the gas peddle it starts to cut out really bad and gets worse as i turn on other things on so i hooked up my code reader and i have no codes did a cylinder balance test and it passed has anyone had this problem before thanks.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Hook up a multimeter to your battery and see what your voltage is at idle. Then start turning on accessories and see what the voltage is at then. Post up your results. From the sounds of it, your alternator is shot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 1992 mustang 5spd efi i got some sand paper and cleaned were the ground strap goes and did all of the ground that i was able to locate i will give you a list of symptoms fist it would drive fine but when i would turn the ignition off and go to re-start it it would not start so i would have to let it sit for about 45min and it would then start i go and drive and in the middle of driving it would just die with no warning so i thought it was the tfi had it tested it faild got a working tfi and no differance i also replaced the hall effect sensor nothing so went and put in a new msd dizzy nothing so i checked the spark plugs looked black got new ones gaped at .54 and nothing so i thought that it was maybe the 02 sensors was just flooding the engine since i whent 100mi on a full tank after doing the 02 sensors it starts everytime and now i am at were i am now also have a new ignition coil and plug wires

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked those already and it was nice and clean i have not checked the resistence in the wires yet i dont have a quality voltmeter just have a 5$ that is junk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts