Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up folks. i just bought a v6 mustang and its fresh to be modded. what should i get first... exhaust or headers or smthing else

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The search feature is your friend :]...anyways welcome to MM. What year v6 did you get? Got pics? :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Up at the top theres a search tab. I have a rio red 99 v6. Anyways first I'd suggest getting a ebay cold air intake. BOMZ racing is a good ebay company to buy from for intakes. Next do exhaust but listen to different setups to see what you like.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
as far as i know Steeda does not make a cat back system for the 3.8 mustang
cold air intake replaces your exsisting intake with a better flowiing intake so your motor gets more air faster

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Cold air, allows more and colder air into the engine, I would suggest a custom flowmaster dual exhaust set up from a muffler shop for exhuast

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you can get a custom kit for about 200 less, with an h-pipe and get rid of the y-pipe

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
An exhaust shop can make you one.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
like a customized one. what shops do that? is it expensive
any muffler shop, and you can get it all done with mufflers of your choice for around 350-400

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry im brand new to all this. what kid of mufflers is a good kind. for the v6, that will fit in my bodystyle

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
any will fit, I recommend flowmaster super 40s
this is what they sounded like on my old mustang the green one

thats the flowmasters on a custom setup

1 - 20 of 56 Posts