21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
thats all personal preference, what you think looks good

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah just get a cheap one off ebay, they are just a big pipe and a performance air filter they will give you a neat sound, better throttle response and about 1 hp

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok. im getting off now. you seem to know alot. is there a way that i can add u as a friend
yeah go to my profile(click on my name) and add to friend list
or if you have AIM you can IM me anytime at Thinlineplayer69 Im normally on

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
instead of a CAI id say grab one of those windstar intakes from chris. IMO if i hadent just bought my K&N thats what i would have done.
that is a nice mod, however it is a bit involved in making it fit the car, pluse the fact that you need a new hood for clearence, or need to do even more work to get it to fit under the stock one.
so i would not recommend it to some one who did not know what a cai was.
not knocking him just saying that it is more work then what would b egood for some one like that.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ahhh i see. i havent actually done it so i just assumed it would fit under the hood... the pics didnt look that tall.
the TB and iac port don't fit, but if you shave those and run the throtal cable a diferent way using a plat to canect it to the TB, and remove the black, shiled under the hood then it just clears.

but no mater how you do it yo also need to relocate the iac, bend the fule reils, custom fab up your own cai. there is more things then just thatm but just giving a starting list so you get the idea.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
what do the windstar intakes look like and how much do they help? and how much are they?
i have a class in a cupe minets but when i get back i can fill you in with evry thing you wan't on them.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.