Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Whats up folks. i just bought a v6 mustang and its fresh to be modded. what should i get first... exhaust or headers or smthing else
well if you wanna make the car as fast as possible for as cheap as possible, do this to start:

4.10 gears
limited slip differential(aka t-lok)
xcal 2/3 handheld tuner
75 shot of nitrous

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Windstar intakes

Well there are a few options when it comes to them. But as was already stated you need split port heads for it.

The first option and most conmen is the 96-98 upper intake

This can be made to fit under a stock hood with some work

The gains from it are about 10rwhp, with supporting mods. This is not an exact # because I have yet to find some one with before and after dyno #’s however the difference between t2 cars with similar mods minus the intake is about 10hp N/A, with boosted applications you will se bigger gains.
Also it is grate for doing direct port nitrous set ups.

Then you have 99 and up upper lower combos. Now with these the 01+ has an upgrade that makes them the best choice. This change is that it has inner air channels that can be left in for best N/a performance, or removed for best F/I performance.

Unfortunately the pics I saw of a mustang with these are just coming ups as red boxes so this is just a pic of what they look like on a windstar

For these there is no way to get them to fit under a stock hood. However they flow much better then the 96-98 windstars, and even cut and welded uppers w/ egr removed lowers.

Reactions: tsp_2177

·
Registered
811 Posts
why do you have to have split port heads for just an upper intake swap?
looks awesome. i wouldn't have to worry bout the hood thing. i have a cowl hood anyway:):)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well there are a few options when it comes to them. But as was already stated you need split port heads for it.

The first option and most conmen is the 96-98 upper intake

This can be made to fit under a stock hood with some work

The gains from it are about 10rwhp, with supporting mods. This is not an exact # because I have yet to find some one with before and after dyno #’s however the difference between t2 cars with similar mods minus the intake is about 10hp N/A, with boosted applications you will se bigger gains.
Also it is grate for doing direct port nitrous set ups.

Then you have 99 and up upper lower combos. Now with these the 01+ has an upgrade that makes them the best choice. This change is that it has inner air channels that can be left in for best N/a performance, or removed for best F/I performance.

Unfortunately the pics I saw of a mustang with these are just coming ups as red boxes so this is just a pic of what they look like on a windstar

For these there is no way to get them to fit under a stock hood. However they flow much better then the 96-98 windstars, and even cut and welded uppers w/ egr removed lowers.
that is badass my friend!
i wouldnt have to worry if i was to do that...i got GT Hood

·
Banned
32 Posts
get slp loud mouth's The sound ****ing great But they are lud ass hell if you want something You can drive around with I would go with the flowmaster's too But I just have reg flows ... They are the ****

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
that is badass my friend!
i wouldnt have to worry if i was to do that...i got GT Hood
the gt hood os the same as the v6 just wit hthe extra scoop, it wont give you any nore clearence.

nick/adam said:
get slp loud mouth's The sound ****ing great But they are lud ass hell if you want something You can drive around with I would go with the flowmaster's too But I just have reg flows ... They are the ****
don't lisen to him, slp's sound like ass.
however flow's do sound good. but i like mac's the best (it is what i have)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
why do you have to have split port heads for just an upper intake swap?
looks awesome. i wouldn't have to worry bout the hood thing. i have a cowl hood anyway:):)
you need split port head because it is a split port intake. both those need to mach for it to work.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
dang. thats makes me mad:( well i guess one day i'll have to save up for them:( are there any intakes for the single port heads?
yeah have yours ported or just do a split port swap

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
if you were looking for a cai, i got the one off of americanmuscle.com i think it was the 75$ one. Works perfectly fine, and i haven't had a problem with it yet, and despite being mechanically retarded i managed to put it on myself with no instructions. it's basically a swap from old to new.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.