Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm by far not done, knife edged the guides, smoothed some transitions raised the intake, and exhaust roof.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well y are you in here tlkin to us.....get to work and finish those beastes

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a break, I'm sneezing and pooping Iron filings.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
haha......how far along are you

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
haha......how far along are you
I think he is 2 or 3 months along now...I dont think he is showing just yet...Prolly in the first trimester...

Looks good bro...

Look forward to updated pictures later on...

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
You have alot of patience. Porting cast iron heads is a pain in the ass. Looking forward to seeing finished pictures.

·
Registered
569 Posts
how do you know when every opening is the same is there a tool to measure or when you port youdelf is it by eye?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idk the name but its a adjustable y shaped measuring tool. I just hold it up to a ruler, I check the ports every 1/4 into the head. I give myself a margin of + or - 1/32.

·
Registered
111 Posts
what heads are those and why knife edge the guides. ive seen both which is better and why?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what heads are those and why knife edge the guides. ive seen both which is better and why?
They are gt40p's. You can either knife edge the valve guide protrusion, or try and lower it, or remove it altogether(not recommended).

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow those are gonna flow great in the end!
I'm hoping for 225-250 cfm. The figures seem to be possible. That should make a possible 310-320 at the wheels, depending of other factors.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NO. Hopefully these are gonna help fund some new heads. Hows school silly?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I'm hoping for 225-250 cfm. The figures seem to be possible. That should make a possible 310-320 at the wheels, depending of other factors.
That is a tall order. Pros are getting 240s-250s on the intake. If you can get in that area they will support the horsepower you are looking for.

·
Registered
148 Posts
its going alot better than my last three semesters lol
getting into more ME classes now
just my thermo, statics and design ironCAD classes can suck my balls but ive got history, speech and manufacturing design to help boost my gpa
best stuff so far has been in manf design weve been running manual lathes and mills and start with cnc and the 5 axis machine the rest of the semester

Tbird needs a fuel pump bad but i dont have money or the time right now big CAD group project due friday

hows ho-town doing?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
statics can be fun with the right teacher......law of sines and cosines plays a big role in that class

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
man i hate anything based of calculus.....im in statistics for engineers right now and that is based off calculus and has got to be the most worthless class ever

1 - 20 of 30 Posts