Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a secret to getting to the top bolt on the starter?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
your gonna need a universal and a 18" extension...then go from the front of the suspension to get at it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
it took me few extensions and a univeral (swivel) i went right in front of the front wheel and got it from there

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking about leaving it off. Do you think it would still function ok without it?

I know it will hold, but it's probably there for a reason.

·
Registered
638 Posts
dude after you finally get that bolt out melt it or something! the other 2 bolts holding it will be fine

·
Registered
600 Posts
most shops will leave it off when they reinstall it anyway, but i remember i did go through the motor mount to get it

·
Registered
248 Posts
Out to those that left the bolt out it's there for a reason why would you not put it back in? Would you leave a head bolt, intake bolt, exhaust bolt, or any other bolt out just because it's a pita to get too? I would think not so take the time to do it right or don't do it at all!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Whenever I put my longtubes on, I took out the top bolt while I was in there. Just so I avoid alot of frustration down the road. Been working just fine with only 2 in it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
most cars only run 2 bolts from the factory, for some reason they decided to go 3 bolt on the mustang. 2 bolts will hold that starter in just fine...its not like its resting on the bolts, its rests in a pocket and the bolts secure it to that pocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts