Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my car just decided to quit starting.....its definitely not the battery or alternator......when i turn the key absolutely nothing happens to try to start the car.....you dont even here the click......and this happened all of a sudden....no problems leading up to this.....would this be the solenoid or the actual starter

·
Registered
371 Posts
may as well replace the solenoid cheap and easy, then move on if needed

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Clutch saftey switch?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Might want to check the Neutral Safety Swith or Clutch switch depending on what you have. A soleniod will usually click and give you a track record that its going bad.

Reactions: nba1341

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Might want to check the Neutral Safety Swith or Clutch switch depending on what you have. A soleniod will usually click and give you a track record that its going bad.

just a minute too slow:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont think i my car has the clutch safety switch......since i have had it i have been able to start it without pushing in the clutch...........actually now that i think of it i was lookin around down there once and there was a plug with two wires goin to it with a U shaped piece of metal that just went from on part of the plug to the other..... do you think that could be a way that someone would have fixed it to not have a clutch switch because i pulled it out and the car would start so i stuck it back in.....this was a while ago when i did that.... i didnt even think to check to see if that thing had come out.....i cant check right now because i was home for the weekend when it quit so i drove my moms car back to college and i wont be home again till next weekend....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
sounds like a plan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts