Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 mustang with a 302 and a c4 tranny in it. When I turn it over, the starter is insanely loud, and doesnt seem like it is spinning the motor fast enough. Is a loud start a normal thing?

·
Registered
353 Posts
dunno about the loudness, but my starter spins rather slow, and still starts it. You could try getting a beefier battery if you want the starter to spin faster.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
some of the reman starters today need a shim.look at your benbdix and see if it is hitting the flywheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The starter sounded fine and engaged properly outside of the car, I watched it as my friend turned it over, and it works fine. For some reason is just abnormally loud and sounds like it is being pulled down...It is already shimmed out. Someone told me I should try to loosen the bolts and tilt it away from the fly wheel slightly, in case the teeth were pushed to close together, is that a possibility?

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
even tho its got enough power to turn it over. try giving it a jump with a running car and see if it helps. if it does you might need a new battery

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.