Modded Mustang Forums banner

starting issues???

887 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  93HatchsBFF 
#1 ·
so i took the supercharger off for the summer and i am having starting issues. it only happens from a cold start, when i go to start it i have to give it gas to keep running after about a minute of running it runs completely fine but it only happens at first start up. any ideas guys?

#4 ·
Nope stock cam stock injectors stock maf the only thing that's different is I have the autolite 125s for the blower should I put stock plugs back in it if I'm gonna run NA for the summer? Also would that cause my issue for cold start ups to run like poo

#6 ·
its still in the car but its unplugged and capped off. im doing the plugs today im gonna see if thats it

#8 ·
so i put the factory plugs and did the wires cap and rotor and it still runs like poo. okay so i noticed it only does it from a cold start or when the car sits for an hour or longer it starts very sluggish and i have to give it gas to keep it running.

#10 ·
with the supercharger on it was at 9degrees and when i took it off i put it to 11 and it started like crap with both timing degrees. when i did the plugs tho the driverside rear closest to the firewall had a little bit of oil on it could that be the issue?

#12 ·
ya it was the only plug that had oil on them the other were a little white on the tips. im waiting for some gt40 heads to pop up on craigslist :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.