Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry if this isnt the correct place to add this but I was wondering where to start on my fox body. The car was given to me for free from my moms friend. He took almost all of his parts out (super charger, 351 Cleavland, etc) But he left under drive pulleys, ram air, stage 3 clutch, H pipe, flow master 40's and 3.08s. I have alot of things planed, My first thing i was going to get was a new maf (76mm) new throttle body and egr (75mm) and new headers, all next week. Down the line i want to get a 347 stroker kit, new heads, kb super charger, larger injectors, new lower intake, full msd ignition, new roller rockers, and a lunati cam.

my budget is fairly tight right now.

Am I going this the right way? Am i forgeting anything? Purchasing everything in the right order etc.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
nice. I would get rid of those gears and drop in 3:73's or 4:10's right off the bat. Then I would get some sub frame connectors. That's just me though. I think that in order to start really modding a motor a person should have a solid foundation first. There is no point to power if it can not be applied efficiently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
well this is my complete shopping list as of right now and the order i was going to buy it

Bbk 76mm maf (19lb injectors) 1st
bbk 75mm tb and egr 1st
Bbk shorty unequal headers 1st
Kenne bell twin screw super charger 5th
347 stroker kit from chp 4th
Full msd ignition 2nd
Electric fan 2nd
aluminum radiator 2nd
gt40 lower manifold (Im not buying a upper since the kb replaces it) 3rd
Short throw shifter 2nd
Tremic t-56 3rd
Heads (What brand with this setup?) 4th
Lunati voodoo cam 2nd​

I want to know if im doing it in the right order also. Im gonna upgrade to bigger injectors and maf further down the line 'cause right now its really "do i want to buy a maf and injectors now, or later" since my stock one broke.

·
Registered
852 Posts
bbk 75mm tb and egr 1st
Full msd ignition 2nd
Electric fan 2nd
aluminum radiator 2nd
Short throw shifter 2nd
Tremic t-56 3rd
Lunati voodoo cam 2nd
I think you should consider the reality of how soon you're going to be doing a stroker or power adder, a lot of this list will change based on which way to decide to go and how soon you're going to do it in. No sense in buying the wrong thing and installing it twice.
If you're going to be sticking with the stock block thats in it now for a while I think your first few bolt-ons are a great choice, but I would swap out the shorties for a set of LT's

·
Registered
381 Posts
well this is my complete shopping list as of right now and the order i was going to buy it

bbk 75mm tb and egr 1st
Full msd ignition 2nd
Electric fan 2nd
aluminum radiator 2nd
Short throw shifter 2nd
Tremic t-56 3rd
Lunati voodoo cam 2nd​

I want to know if im doing it in the right order also. Im gonna upgrade to bigger injectors and maf further down the line 'cause right now its really "do i want to buy a maf and injectors now, or later" since my stock one broke.

Everything sonds good especially Kenne Bell but I would not go with t56 only because if you go with borg warners fully built 5 speed it will be lighter and be able to handle more power.

·
Banned
464 Posts
Everything sonds good especially Kenne Bell but I would not go with t56 only because if you go with borg warners fully built 5 speed it will be lighter and be able to handle more power.
what is your problem???

quit talking about things you have no clue about...

you post in every single damn thread on the page and have nothing useful to add to any of them...

·
Registered
334 Posts
does the order really matter? what is your timeline?

a new lower intake doesn't do you any good until you have the S/C

I would do cam/heads/intake/charger/stroker all at the same time, or you're going to be double working yourself

1) i wouldn't go shorty headers
2) MAF for 19lb injectors will also be double work, seeing as you'll need larger injectors (add those to your list)
3) you gotta really want a T56 for it to be worth it. can get a built T5 that will handle the power, be lighter, fit in the factory location
4) get some measurements for pulleys and what not, make sure you don't buy an electric fan that is too thick for charger

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
My t56 is awesome and enjoys the power my turbo puts to it... the three previous t5's didn't last long at all........ why go backwards in life?

Well being young I'd do the blower before doing the heads and cam only because you'll enjoy the car more and sooner. The only problem is you'll toast your trans which will then leave you with not enough money to do the t56 swap so you'll have to settle for a pos t5 again which you will toast again and again leading you up to being pooor and with a blown v8 that you can't drive the way you want.

But if I was smart I would start with the t56 swap and do the gears then save for the blower and a tune and enjoy the **** out of it. Then once you do a smaller pulley, power pipe and tune and need more hp for your fix and have some money set aside and can afford the car to have some down time. Do the heads and cam then and it'll leave you with tons of time to do your research on what head/cam selection to go with to best suite your blower and driving style.

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
i have a buddy with a low ten second nitrous 408 that is on a stock t56 for like 2 seasons i want one bad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Okay so now my current order has been cut down to around 400. A tad less then what I thought id get. These are my current options

bbk headers
maf,throttle body,egr
maf+hood
bbk headers + gauges and gauge pod
hood+ gauges and gauge pod and ac vent gauge pod

The car does need a new paint job, so the hood wont be that bad of an idea. I dont know though,help?

·
Registered
381 Posts
what is your problem???

quit talking about things you have no clue about...

you post in every single damn thread on the page and have nothing useful to add to any of them...
Hey Robot just you proved how useful you can be too. I dont know what Iam talking about funny how the link to Borg Warners site agrees with what I posted in my reply

TTC: TREMEC Transmissions

But I guess their team of technical engineers who wrote those numbers didnt know what they were talking about either right lol. Not one of those torque numbers shows anything above 450 except the one which went into the viper but thats the only one.

Just because you think you know what your talking about doesnt mean you do. So now how about you stfu dont speak any more about things you have no clue about. Iam sure you probably thought Borg warner was related to Warner brothers lol. Besides making the sickest turbos on the face of earth they also make the transmissions for american car manufactures.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My t56 is awesome and enjoys the power my turbo puts to it... the three previous t5's didn't last long at all........ why go backwards in life?

Well being young I'd do the blower before doing the heads and cam only because you'll enjoy the car more and sooner. The only problem is you'll toast your trans which will then leave you with not enough money to do the t56 swap so you'll have to settle for a pos t5 again which you will toast again and again leading you up to being pooor and with a blown v8 that you can't drive the way you want.

But if I was smart I would start with the t56 swap and do the gears then save for the blower and a tune and enjoy the **** out of it. Then once you do a smaller pulley, power pipe and tune and need more hp for your fix and have some money set aside and can afford the car to have some down time. Do the heads and cam then and it'll leave you with tons of time to do your research on what head/cam selection to go with to best suite your blower and driving style.
Quick Question are you running over 500 pounds of torque and 500hp? If your not than of course it will hold that power. What I ment was that if you go over 500 torque or 500hp the t56 will depeding of course how treat it will not last that long. It clearly states that T56 on Borg Warners site isnt soppose to hold more than 500 pounds of torque

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quick Question are you running over 500 pounds of torque and 500hp? If your not than of course it will hold that power. What I ment was that if you go over 500 torque or 500hp the t56 will depeding of course how treat it will not last that long. It clearly states that T56 on Borg Warners site isnt soppose to hold more than 500 pounds of torque
you're looking at the factory specs

a T5 isn't supposed to hold more than like 300ft-lb, but they can be made to hold much more

most of those factory T56 came with weak links that could be fixed/replaced

common mods for the cobra are replacing the 10spline input shaft with a 26 spline, and at least a throwout bearing retainer sleeve

also, not to be a dick, but some of your posts have looked like thread crapping. if you're getting negative rep (red box by your av) then you're doing something wrong

·
Registered
381 Posts
you're looking at the factory specs

a T5 isn't supposed to hold more than like 300ft-lb, but they can be made to hold much more

most of those factory T56 came with weak links that could be fixed/replaced

common mods for the cobra are replacing the 10spline input shaft with a 26 spline, and at least a throwout bearing retainer sleeve

also, not to be a dick, but some of your posts have looked like thread crapping. if you're getting negative rep (red box by your av) then you're doing something wrong
I know Iam looking at the factory specs. When I said to get a T5 I said Fully built which you can buy from borg warner fully built to hold 650 torque for $1500 and weighs allot less. Yes I know you the common mods for T56 is chaning to 26 spline input shaft and the throw out bearing sleeve. But That will cost at least $600 to $700 total if you get a good deal on labor. The Input shaft from liberty is $329 + labor to take down trans and switch has to be at least $200 + 90 for the sleeve. Not bad right but a fully built T56 from lethal is 2000 Grand.

And about my red box its only coming from some tool kid= Robot avatar name explains it all, which was trying to tell me I didnt know what I was talking about when I suggested the thread started get a fully built T5 instead of T56. I know Iam doing anything wrong just too many 2 year olds thinking they whats what when they dont have a ****in clue and Iam not reffering to you.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It all depends on the application. I know of a tremmec t5 2.95 shd that holds 500 lbft and lives thru soft launches in the 1.60 60ft range.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts