Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it started a couple days ago. I went to start my car and it would crank like normal but would not fire. i had my friend push it and it started. i've done this a couple times already. after ive been driving a while it will start fine. WHATS WRONG??

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
alternator or battery most likely dude. start your car the disconnect the battery. if it dies then ur alternator is bad. if it stays runnin go get ur battery tested

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Is the starter spinning at normal speed when you try to start it after it has been sitting a while or does it spin a little slower. Sounds to me like the battery is weak. If it starts fine after running a while I would assume your altyernator is recharging the battery while running. The roll start would explain the same thing as well, although i usually would only have to do that if the starter went out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
+1...get the battery checked. If it was the alternator, you would have problems with car while driving. It would start dying on ya.

·
Registered
739 Posts
this happened to me also check the cable that feeds in to ur alternator ....mine got loose and wasnt feeding the battery

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
+1...get the battery checked. If it was the alternator, you would have problems with car while driving. It would start dying on ya.
+1 Sounds like the same Problem i had with my old 97 and it ended up being the Batt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts