Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 gt, car was back firing at high rpm’s like it was out of time. While driving my bypass hose busted and after parking it and replacing it car went completely dead. So I jump it and drove around for a few. Again dead, battery is fully charged, Solenoid, battery, ignition, ignition switch, alternator all good. Replaced starter and back fire went away. Still just clicks and will not start on jump start charger just from another vehicle. And suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,801 Posts
Did you replace the solenoid before you replaced the starter? It’s possible the starter could have welded the contacts on the new solenoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced solenoid after the the starter, and recently upgraded the entire engine bay, so had all old good parts to try as well. Could fuseable link case this?

·
Super Moderator
4,801 Posts
It’s possible. Check continuity across all the fuseable links while you’re at it. But to rule out the new solenoid, give it a whack with a rubber mallet. A single click like that is usually indicative of a welded solenoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found my issues, had multiple grounds not doing their job!! Replaced and ran a few extra and bam back to staring and no spark issues. Thanks for giving me advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts