Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I am new here have posted a few things and this car is my new baby and going into this build now. so here is what i want! Ok the tranny is bad and will need a new one also will be doing a bit more horse LMAO an it needs to hold up so im considering trying my hand at doing my first performance automatic trans, Maybe. Now i am an engineer and have never failed at anything before when it comes to this stuff had some glitches but never a complete failer. I want to do it not only to know but so i know i built the entire car so good idea or no stick with the pros on this. next I need suggestions an info i want to stand around 550-750 horse. so need ideas for supercharger kits, chips and perrferably live tunning abiltity to laptop if able, along with exhaust as its just flowmasters now and we need to go head back not just catback. also ideas for tranny-auto, traction, rear end, motor work, and all you guys and gals have for me this is starting soon an well lets put it this way, a car thats been rode hard and put away wet is comming back to life 100% stronger, I am building a camero eater LOL or at least a chevy eater here so lets go what you all got for me! also what about clubs or events for this forum in southern cali. no idea is a bad one for me need to get a full idea of all! thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
on3performance.com great turbo kits and with a good cam and some spray you'll see 550hp. unless you go cobra swap. or kenne bell sc or even vortech. depends on how much you want to sepnd and how long you want it to last.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
You need to get a built block. Check out MMR's website and find a block suitable for the HP goal you have in mind.
Get a set of heads that won't increase compresson, a small cam meant for boost. You need a different intake, depending on how much hp you want to see will vary the intake, you need bigger injectors, for 550-750 your gonna want 60+ lb injectors. You need a new fuel system, and better spark plugs, may want to consider Coil on Plug.

Or instead of doing all of the above building your own engine. You could always buy a turnkey crate motor ready for boost, you'll probably spend around the same amount of money in just engine prep.
Or you could check your local junkyards and see if you could find a 03-04 cobra engine and swap the supercharger with a kenne bell like stated above. Which is just the cheaper route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts