Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my sob story bought a 2000 gt vert in july 07 then stuck a vortech on it all was great than a couple months ago after running the %^(0 out of it one night it burnt the ex valves so had the head ported oversize valves etc $1300 and 2k to put them on out of the shop 4 days ago then yesterday the vortech took a #&%* and it also has a dead cyl
will pull it apart tomarrow and find out how bad it is if it is toast I am thinking about a 5.4 swap and was wondering if my windsor heads(if there not toast) fit any of the 5.4s
and if my blower mounts will fit etc. as I have gone to far to turn back now but I should have put the $s in my Charger as so far my first trip into ford land has not impressed me much

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
well, how many pounds of boost were you running? who tuned your car? dont blame the car, its not the cars fault the engine blew. it was either from poor maintenence, bad tune, or too much boost. your best bet would be to get a forged shortblock and throw that in there with some good blower cams. you can really open up your world of power with that setup.

·
Registered
387 Posts
well, how many pounds of boost were you running? who tuned your car? dont blame the car, its not the cars fault the engine blew. it was either from poor maintenence, bad tune, or too much boost. your best bet would be to get a forged shortblock
+1 and cams!

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
well, how many pounds of boost were you running? who tuned your car? dont blame the car, its not the cars fault the engine blew. it was either from poor maintenence, bad tune, or too much boost. your best bet would be to get a forged shortblock and throw that in there with some good blower cams. you can really open up your world of power with that setup.
or all of the above :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
the 2v heads should fit the 5.4....there were bearing issues with some vortechs so they extended the warranty another 2 years

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
wow..all i can say is you're complaining because you put a supercharger on your car and ran the **** out of it and are now upset because you've screwed everything up.. the most id run my car on w/ a tune and stock internals would be 400.. and you don't make it sound like you even got it tuned because you "slapped it on"... don't blame the car at all. if you wanted a four door "sports car" that weighed 4100 pounds to screw up you should've went with dodge.

now referring to your question. it'd be best to use your heads on the 5.4 vs the heads that come on them in the f series trucks for instance because you'd need alot of hood clearance and itd be very hard to find a hood to accomodate.. as far as the rest.. the 5.4 is basically the 4.6 so most if not all bolt ons will be compatible.. the 5.4 swap is becoming more popular in the past couple years and as far as I know, those that have done it are still trying to work on the aftermarket to provide more easily accessible parts to facilitate the swap. Here is a link to a 120ish+ page long thread about the 5.4 swap, what all it entails and what to expect. Anyone intrested in 5.4L swaps, in here. Need you to opine. - Mustang Forums
good luck.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I hate your car too. I have had my vortech 4 years almost 50k miles not a problem. What do you it took a ****? Did you find a little oil in the inlet pipe?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you probably burnt the exhaust valve if you used the tune that came with the vortech, because its rich as ****.

the vortech could have gone for several reasons, or could have just worn out, but its probably not the case.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Dude im not very smart and im NOT raggin on ya but these guys know what theyre sayin and thats nothing you sayin thats your sob story

My car has so much **** wrong with it, its not funny at all and I jumped into it head first with a loan and she barely runs and is pretty badly rusted but with the help and patience of these guys anything can be fixed the smartest thign I heard cant remember who said it but

"sounds like your tryin to build Rome in a day son, slow down some"

Also it kind of sounds like your fault to me and im not smart cause you said you were runnin the **** out of it non-stop, you cant raw-dog it 24/7 man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well here is why it died seal in the vortech went and fed enough oil into the intake tract to hydro lock the motor on cyl #3 so a rebuilt or swap will be in order.
I wouldn't whine if I was running it hard as that $*&% happens
Yes it was dyno tuned and it made about 7lbs of boost.

I wouldn't own a NEW Charger if the gave me the damn ugly thing that is why I bought the stang because mopar doesn't build anything except sporty soccer mom crap and to drive the charger on a daily Biases is not as practical but in truth my Mopars have been better machines that take more abuse without complaint

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
well here is why it died seal in the vortech went and fed enough oil into the intake tract to hydro lock the motor on cyl #3 so a rebuilt or swap will be in order.
I wouldn't whine if I was running it hard as that $*&% happens
Yes it was dyno tuned and it made about 7lbs of boost.

I wouldn't own a NEW Charger if the gave me the damn ugly thing that is why I bought the stang because mopar doesn't build anything except sporty soccer mom crap and to drive the charger on a daily Biases is not as practical but in truth my Mopars have been better machines that take more abuse without complaint
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would sell it and buy a 90 civic with a 7" fart can with all of 98 hp and drive it to your moms house and tell her you made a mistake by moving out! JK! Hey you think your the first one to have problems with their car we have all had issues with them it's no reason to give up, fix it then you will have the satisfaction of making everything right, then move on to the next stage of dissapointment.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Dude im not very smart and im NOT raggin on ya but these guys know what theyre sayin and thats nothing you sayin thats your sob story

My car has so much **** wrong with it, its not funny at all and I jumped into it head first with a loan and she barely runs and is pretty badly rusted but with the help and patience of these guys anything can be fixed the smartest thign I heard cant remember who said it but

"sounds like your tryin to build Rome in a day son, slow down some"

Also it kind of sounds like your fault to me and im not smart cause you said you were runnin the **** out of it non-stop, you cant raw-dog it 24/7 man
Actually, most people on here have no idea what they're talking about.

I have nothing else to add to the thread.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i see people put 10 psi of boost in to a stock gt. run the piss out of it, and then when it blows be like "man this car is **** man" you have to pay and work to play man,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no I kept the boost down

but I just bought a 2000 ford lighting motor today for less than I can build the short block for my car. hope my windsor heads fit:eek:

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Didn't Windsor build the truck engines?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts