Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure a lot of guys come to this website to ask wat mods they should do and then leave but iv already learned a lot from this website so i cant really see myself leaving.

anyways, i have a 2000 ford mustang v6 manual trans with 96k on it. here are the lists of mods and when i would do them based on my knowledge and wat seems to be the correct order of adding them so i dont destroy the engine:

Step 1:
Cold Air Intake w/ K&N fliter
Pypes true dual exhaust with offroad x pipe

Step 2:
T-lock differential
New gears? (would this be included with the tlok?)
Copper Spark Plugs
8.5mm Spark Plug wires
Screamin Demon Coil Pack

Step 3:
Shocks/struts suspension package
Racing driveshaft
Turbo or supercharger (most likely single or dual turbo)

I dont know a lot about actually putting engines together so doing forged internals would be tough with my budget, so i dont know if it would even be worth it to do the turbo/super charger.

If there are any suggestions about other things i should add and when i should add them that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
loose the x pipe and get true dual exhaust.
the t-lock and gears are 2 different things but I would get them both done at the same time because there is no sense in opening up your rear end twice.
aluminum drive shaft is a good idea.
look into sub frame connectors, control arms, good tires and a tune as well.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
on a v6, x pipes dont sound so hot, true duals is the best sound as he said above me, i had a H pipe on my v6 and cut out the crossover and got a better sound out of it, if you want do a 8.8 rear swap, if not, follow the adivice above

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
imo x pipes sound fine, but pypes muflers sound like ass on these cars.
also since u have a 2000 u can get a accel coil pac, they r cheeper, and saposedaly a little better the SD
u also may want to look in to ud pullys as well and some port work on ur intake or a power pack and headers l/t's r best if u can get them.

and for suspention check out
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff267/whitemustang02/av.jpg
they make good quality suspention.

also what r ur plans for the car as far as street machine, street strip car, hardcore drag car, cruser, road race auto-x, or somthing else

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car itself is basically my only car so i need to keep it street legal....but id like to have the opportunity to blow a gt out of the water if the chance ever presented itself just to watch the look on their face.

For the true duals is there any sort of suggested brand and or specific product?
if so please post a link. I was looking at y pipes but i just dont think that that would be worth it.

Also what would be the best suggested digital tuner? I have heard about the sct livewire tuner but thats about it.

Also would it be worth it do get a new chip if i was going to get a digital tuner? And how much gas mileage would u loose with a new chip because again since this is my daily driver i need to keep the gas mileage as good as possible.

If i was to add all of the listed things above, and all other suggestions, how long would the engine life most likely be? like i said it has 96k miles on it but the engine has been taken good care of and basic maintenance done at regular intervals

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
most people here will say flow of mac for muflers, and don'tkeep the y pipe go true dual.
don't get a chip u just need a tune

and all those mods aside from s/c or turbo wont afect ur engein life.

and as far as taking the gt's that is very posibal. there r a few guys on here runing bosted setups that can deal with gt's with out a problom. and if all goes well this summer i should be able to hang wit hif not take gt's runing NA

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
wow.. lol

ok first off

TUNERS:

SCT
Diablo
Sniper

all good tuners.
I would see what your local shops use first before buying one.

you either buy a tuner OR a chip.. not both
a tuner can increase your mpg or decrease it.. it depends on how you use it and what you set everything at.
as far as blowing a GT out of the water.. you will probably have to wait until you get some sort of forced induction (turbo/super charger)

It's not the easiest thing in the world to make up 70hp with just bolt on's.

<-- coming from a guy that has owned both a 2001 v6 and 2001 GT btw.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
+1 hmuns
ur best bet to smoke gt's is FI
it can be done with NA but is a lot hard, more mony and more work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i read the whole thing about boost 101 at the top of the forum and it seems to me that the best fi in my case would be the turbo or dual turbo. from what it said it seems that this doesnt really affect the gas mileage a whole lot until u open it up, and that a tuner would be able to control the power effectively. Am I right to assume these things and also how much would a single turbo mostly cost and how much would a double turbo cost?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
call it twin turbo.. not double. it makes you sound noobish :)

lol

a GOOD single setup will run around 5k.

as far as mpg go.. there it always a limit man.

you can only have 1 of 2
performance or mpg. you can't really have your cake and eat it too.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
call it twin turbo.. not double. it makes you sound noobish :)

lol

a GOOD single setup will run around 5k.

as far as mpg go.. there it always a limit man.

you can only have 1 of 2
performance or mpg. you can't really have your cake and eat it too.
sure you can with nitrous ;)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you ever run nitrous GF?

it is supposed to run at WOT.. hows that mpg again?
yeah but you gas miliage is unaffected till you flip that switch lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
get a new engine lol

V8 FTW!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok.. as soon as you flip the "nitrous/performance" switch.. you mpg goes down.. lol
well yeah, but I had my cake then I flipped the switch and my engine ate it :lol

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
so did you finally get Nawwwssss (nitrous oxide for the normal folk) on your new ride?
its in the mail along with my window switch and my purge kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts