Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my car hasnt been driven for a while... 8 hours or so, it takes a while for it to start. i can hear it tryin to turnover, but it takes a while for it to actually kick in and start the engine. it only does this when the car hasnt been started for a while. i think my starter might be goin bad. any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
This sounds like me. And I still haven't done anything about it because I really haven't had any trouble other than it cranking a little longer before it starts. It does crank, right? Just a bit longer than youre used to. I'll let you know if anyhtinh else happens with mine if it does.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
You probably have a short, so the battery its low on charge and that's why it takes longer to start, I suggest to get a voltmeter and check the battery charge before turning the engine, see if you're putting the same amp/volts....

Also another thing I did for that problem was replacing my spark plugs and wires and that worked......

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine did the same thing for the past month. It had the battery in it from 01, i replaced it and it starts up fine now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wierd. Don't Know then, what you described is exactly what mine was doing. Does yours semi-turn over and then just click click click...?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
ur wires could be old and worn out

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine doesnt click.. just turns over and over and over and over and over and over then finally cranks... but thats only when it hasnt been driven for 8+ hours... if i drive it more often than that, it cranks fine

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
I have the same problem if i let mine sit. Better is good, starter is fine, but the motor wont crank...at all :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts