Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching old threads about cowl hoods and found a bunch of info on all sorts of cowl hoods, but not much on the steeda. A guy in my area is selling one in good shape, just needs to be paint matched, for 250.

The link to where he got the hood from is here: Steeda Mustang Fiberglass Cowl Hoods - Made in the USA part # 307-0099

My questions were:
On the site it says i can just use the latch and it will be fine. Can i trust that or will i need hood pins?
Will it fit without having to make any modifications?
and 3rd, I'm thinking about asking for a cobra bumper for christmas, probably the 03-04 since the 99-01 so expensive :(. I've read people had to adjust the hood latch to make everything fit. Will I have to do this as well?

Anybody who has or or has had this hood would be very helpful! Also just info to some questions would be awesome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
whether the latch will work is all on the fitment. I had a buddy who got a fibertrends cowl and his latch wouldn't work very well with it but my kaenan has amazing fitment and works with my latch.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I've heard the steeda hood is of good quality but have no personal experience. I run a cervini's 95 r hood with no pins and have never had a problem.

The body shop that painted my hood (30 yrs in biz and has quite a few mustang guys) said as long as the latch plate is of good quality, you will be fine pinless.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy who is selling it had it on his car for a while before it was rearended. doesn't look like there's any holes from pins but im waiting on another email reply to answer that question.

guess there isn't that many people on here with the steeda cowl.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Steeda Q400 hood and it fits great, ordered it straight from them which was actually cheaper and no need for hood pins latch works just fine

Pic for reference

Reactions: justAbullitt

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the reply man that looks awesome! The one i found is the one without the 'vent'? i guess you'd call it. But yeah thanks man that helps out a lot!

Do you have the stock bumper on there or a different one?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Does look pretty good.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
thanks for the reply man that looks awesome! The one i found is the one without the 'vent'? i guess you'd call it. But yeah thanks man that helps out a lot!

Looks stock.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
It is stock. I am also looking for one of these hoods :yes

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
105 Posts

Yes its stock, if you need any more pics feel free to ask

·
Registered
105 Posts
haha heres a few more pics of it, i can get a pic from the inside later today and post it up

·
Registered
171 Posts
It comes ready to paint with a smooth gelcoat finish and uses the existing hood hinges and latch for an easy installation in under an hour.

Hood pins are mandatory for all Steeda aftermarket hoods.

Please let me know if you need help with pricing or any additional answers to question?

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I've always been told that Kaenan makes this hood for Steeda. So, you can't go wrong with the quality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts