Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the only difference between the sport and ultralight springs a quarter inch drop?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Ultralite
Lowers the vehicle approx 1 inch front, 1 1/4 inch rear. The S197 Mustangsits high in the rear. These springs will give it a more aggressive look.
High quality lower weight wire for less unsprung weight and less inertia for the best ride quality available.
•Good improvement in handling and noticeable reduction in nosedive.

Sport
•Lowers the vehicle approx 1 inch front, 1 1/4 inch rear. The S197 Mustang sits high in the rear, these springs will give it a more aggressive look
•Maintains good ride quality for daily driving
•Big improvement in handling and noticeable reduction in nosedive

·
Registered
818 Posts
the sport springs have a slighter higher rate (i.e. "stiffer") than the ultralights. I think if i was staying with stock struts I'd probably go with ultralights. If you plan on swapping out struts at anytime or want a slightly more performance oriented spring, go with the sport springs. I have the sport springs with dspecs and love it.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
the sport springs have a slighter higher rate (i.e. "stiffer") than the ultralights. I think if i was staying with stock struts I'd probably go with ultralights. If you plan on swapping out struts at anytime or want a slightly more performance oriented spring, go with the sport springs. I have the sport springs with dspecs and love it.
+1

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Same drop, just different spring rates and weight like Rich said.

I've got the Sport Springs with the Tokico D-Specs, too. It used to ride great until I blew out the front struts ... However, my girl has the Ultalites on her car with the stock shocks/struts and it's not a nice ride by any means. I would never recommend just going with springs and not replacing the shocks/struts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sports are less low setting the car about 1/4" higher front and rear, and not quite as stiff, and weigh more than Ultralites do.

If ride quality is the biggest concern, then Sports it is, especially if you are NOT changing dampers. You want taller and softer springs to best match the OEM damping levels. As you go lower and/or stiffer you need more control. If you don't have it, both ride and handling suffer. I can promise that Nasty's findings with his girl's car are all down to the fact she had stock shocks and struts and he didn't. You can see this illustrated by the fact his ride suffered when his shocks took a crap (with no spring change).

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
According to Steeda the Ultalites ride better than the Sport springs. Obviously any spring is going to ride like **** with blown struts. Any lowering spring isn't going to ride good with stock shocks or struts either especially after months of driving. By the way, I'm not saying you're not right about the springs. I know you know way more than me about suspension. Just sayin' what Steeda is saying about their springs.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Sports are less low setting the car about 1/4" higher front and rear, and not quite as stiff, and weigh more than Ultralites do.

If ride quality is the biggest concern, then Sports it is, especially if you are NOT changing dampers. You want taller and softer springs to best match the OEM damping levels. As you go lower and/or stiffer you need more control. If you don't have it, both ride and handling suffer. I can promise that Nasty's findings with his girl's car are all down to the fact she had stock shocks and struts and he didn't. You can see this illustrated by the fact his ride suffered when his shocks took a crap (with no spring change).
Bingo. Good stuff.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool thanks guys. im looking into suspension and kinda putting together a wishlist as you will

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:drool uhhh what?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sam, glad to see you on here. I have read a lot of your posts on some other forums, great info...............:llama

1 - 14 of 14 Posts