Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 GT overheats IMMEDIATELY :eek: when idling or stuck in rush our traffic for very long. I've reset the cooling fan engagement temperatures to the lowest setting and it hasn't corrected the problem at all. I hate to go back to the stock pulleys, but I'm gonna melt my engine if I don't fix this somehow.

Anyone else experienced this problem from installing Under-Drive Pulleys???

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yessir and when my fans kick on at idle it sucks the power right outta the battery/alternator. Thats why I'm switching to stock. 2-3 RWHP isnt worth fuxin up my motor

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
I just installed My Steeda UD pullies 2day. Didnt notice any seat of the pants gains. It does seem to rev quicker in neutral. So I am guessing there are some gains. Not sure how much. The swap was quite easy.

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
Radi 22...How's your coolant mixed? What temp thermostat are you running? Are you sure that it's working? How bout your water pump? It sounds like a flow or mixture (not enough water) problem, cuz for al the guys running those pulleys, it sounds like you guys are the only ones experiencing this...

68 dlx...what's your battery rated for amps? If you don't have an Optima battery, it might be worth looking into cuz it sounds like the one you have now is on it's way out...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just installed My Steeda UD pullies 2day. Didnt notice any seat of the pants gains. It does seem to rev quicker in neutral. So I am guessing there are some gains. Not sure how much. The swap was quite easy.

u really want feel much from pulleys ... very minmal gain from them !!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
same problem on my 97 gt....when stuck on idle or heavy traffic it begins to heat up...also the battery always goes low unitl i speed up...

·
Registered
102 Posts
i just put them on mine but no problems though, did you figure it out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts