Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my replacement spindle for my driver side.

I'm going to take it to get the front end alligned after I finish this up, but before I start doing anything for the first time, I like to usually see how other people have done it. I'm always paranoid that I've screwed something up/done something wrong/damaged something the first time I do something.

First time I installed a Supercharger was like torture.

Anyone know of a small outline from someone removing/replacing the spindle on a 2005-2009 Mustang GT? If not, it's fine, but I would rather read through real quick before I start myself, it looks pretty straightforward, but again, I'mr eally paranoid about screwing something up.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks a lot. That's exactly what I needed to put my mind at rest.

Reps given.

One last thing though, any idea why the box isn't displaying the info for me? I just get a grey box even though I've selected the .pdf for the spindle. Software's up to date as well so it couldn't be that.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I didn't remove the spindle, but had to take the tie rod off it. Holy cow that was a pain in the ass. I had to beat the hell out of it with a BFH to get it off and not **** it up. Just be ready and have patience.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'm sorry if that link doesn't work. If you do a search on google you should be alright.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you're hammering the spindle to get both the ball joint and the tie rod end off, make sure you don't hit the threaded parts of the joints. Damage the threads or bend them and that'll be additional cost you probably don't want. Knuckle/spindle replacement is a walk in the park. Make sure you use new cotter pins, and make sure the ball joint and the tie rod end's are tight. Last thing you want is one of those coming loose while cruisin down the highway.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I guess my reply after my last post didn't go through like I thought.

I figured out the problem with viewing the .pdf on that site.

After looking over the 3 page part for the spindle, I went outside, finished up altogether in about an hour in total with going to pull out the tools, jacking the car up, pulled the tire off and did the rest of it along with the reinstall of the new part.

Like I thought, it was pretty straightforward, no problems at all luckily.

Thanks everyone for your help. Took the car to get realligned and it's driving as smooth as ever again.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That's good! I like it when **** goes smoothly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts