Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is parked (and turned off) the steering wheel has a lot of play in it. It moves up and down and side to side, and is not locked into place like it should be. Any ideas whats wrong??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it still moves when i am driving it. The car goes straight down the road, so it doesnt have any problems with alignment or balance. There is nothing wrong with the steering of the car... the wheel just moves. It is the origional dash and wheel

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had this problem before remove your steering column covers, and tigthen the bolt that keeps the wheel straight on the sides of it... hope that helps..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks im gonna have to try that... If there was actually a major problem with the steering, wouldnt handling be poor? Mine handles fine, I just dont like the slop that it has

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
tighten the brackets that hold t to the dash area

·
Registered
401 Posts
yes the handling will be good i had the same steering wheel movement you described try it and really really changed the way the wheel felt.. If i remember right the bolt will be on the top center or top bottom after removing steering column covers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts