Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this slight problem with steering so I was looking into rack and pinions also tie rod ends and there are power rack and pinions and manual which one does my car have?? The problem I have is I feel it is easier to steer right then it is to steer left, also I got my tires balanced and my steering wheel still shakes at like 50 and when I brake I just got my rotors from AM so I hope that will take the brake shake out of the equation. I think I have it nailed does anyone have any other ideas, am I going the right route or am I just going to waste money?? PLEASE HELP!!:D

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Stock, you have a power rack.

When's the last time you had an alignment? What alignment specs are you running? What suspension mods do you have in the front end?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alignment was about 4 months ago. completely stock upfront. dont know what alignment specs exactly?? Whats the difference between the manual and power rack and ;inion?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Power rack is for power steering. Manual rack is for manual steering. Power rack is setup to accept hydraulic assist. Manual steering all the effort comes from you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gotcha so did I hit it on the nose or will I be wasting money??

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I'd check out your tie-rod ends. Jack the front end of the car up, and see if there's any play.

If there is, get 'em replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts