Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i need this too, just found a mark VIII from a 94 or 95 for $250 local.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Bit the bullet. Bought a complete long block today from a 95 mark. This is gonna be sweet with my procharger. Ready to easily break 400. Probably be done late summer or early fall hopefully.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, I can't edit this thread, so here is a link to the latest revision on a different mustang site.

Cliff notes. A guy followed the guide, deleted the EGR, stock GT tune, a bassani ORX, and flowmaster catback, he got 276HP and 288flbs of torque to the wheels. You can use the 93-96 Intake if you want, but you are going to have to massage the firewall back some to get clearance, it's much better to just get the 97-98 Intake. The 96-98 Cobra Intake tube WILL NOT WORK, as the bend is wrong. Instead get the 99-01 cobra or just custom build a CAI.

Step by Step guide to installing a Mark VIII motor in a 96+ GT. - MustangForums.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
So how much did it cost you in the end? Im probably gonna be getting the engine for 425, with all accessories and vacuum, basically complete.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I can't edit this thread, so here is a link to the latest revision on a different mustang site.

Cliff notes. A guy followed the guide, deleted the EGR, stock GT tune, a bassani ORX, and flowmaster catback, he got 276HP and 288flbs of torque to the wheels. You can use the 93-96 Intake if you want, but you are going to have to massage the firewall back some to get clearance, it's much better to just get the 97-98 Intake. The 96-98 Cobra Intake tube WILL NOT WORK, as the bend is wrong. Instead get the 99-01 cobra or just custom build a CAI.

Step by Step guide to installing a Mark VIII motor in a 96+ GT. - MustangForums.com
So would a custom CAI be needed to run the 93-96 intake? Thats what the engine im getting has. I plan on getting the cobra intake, but they are so expensive right now.. Like you im on a very small budget.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry for bringing up the old thread, but I guess that's why the search button exists. First off, great write up. Valuable info here.

I do have a question. Hopefully someone can answer. I have an 04 sixxer and am in the beginning stages of this swap. I have an ecu and gauges from an 03 GT, but don't have a harness yet. Will the dash harness from an 01 Cobra work with my GT parts? or do I NEED to get the harness from a GT?

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's funny to see this one at the top it was one of my first inspirations on my very successful swap on my 96 gt. Good luck with your swap and question.

Robert

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a V6 1999, and the opportunity to put the Mark VIII engine in to it. Do you know if the directions that you wrote for the Gts will still work for my V6?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
zombie thread.... You cannot use the harnesses nor ECU , so you will need all of that also from a mustang GT at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bringing this up from the grave! Wow, what an AWESOME thread!!! Ive got a 98 V6 i just picked up for $500 and have been on the fence about which swap to go with. I was first thinking Mark8, then my brother was trying to talk me into doing an LSX because he has a C6 Z06 hes getting some work done to and said he would sell me his take-off parts cheap. THEN I was thinking about doing a rotary swap!!!

This does seem like the most "Bang for the buck" option because I can use basically all OEM parts to make it happen.

LSx: Mix and match everything, not even ford powered anymore, however, huge potential for big power gains after its in there and running right

13B REW Rotary swap: Most money, most custom work including fabbing everything, Parts are ridiculously expensive and hard to come by.

I think I found my answer.

Besides everything you listed, going from a V6 to Mark8/GT hybrid, what else would i need? I'd like to eventually switch to a Cobra's IRS, but an 8.8 swap would be a lot more cost-effective. I too will be on an budget. Thank you "search" function!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing this. Good job. I too will someday do this swap. I have a '93 mark 8 that is ready to be torn down and rebuilt for boost. I have a 04 cobra crank and some '99 cobra cams. just need rods, pistons, machine work, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may purchase a wrecked 98 GT to get all my wiring (engine harness, dash harness, cluster and ecu???), Trans, rear axel, t-stat housing, motor mounts, ect... Or would it be better to just scroung and piece together everything??? I'll be working with a 98 sixxer. Thanks so much!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts