Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to dump the mach 1000 and upgrade the whole system. The head unit is the Pioneer AVIC-D, speakers are Polk Audio comps, The amps (which are amazing) are the JL HD600/4 and HD750/1 (way more power than I need, And the subs are JL 10W6's. I think it all came together well and man does it rock.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
that D3 is one of the best units that pioneer has came out with. Great setup as well. got to love the JL stuff.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Great looking system. Be sure not to blow your sub or speakers if you are running more power than you need.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I really like your setup, looks awesome. I'm guessing if I had One 12" it wouldn't be able to fit back there? because it looks like your 10's barely made it haha

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Is that a custom box or did you buy it like that?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much do you have in it total?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I squeezed a JL 12W6V2 in the trunk... But barely.

That's an AMAZING looking system! I bet it must sound awesome. Very nice!

·
Registered
627 Posts
y2k2gt I have a avic-d3 also and was wondering how you got the screen saver on there?? I was under the impression that you could only do it to the one that had the build in hard drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great looking system. Be sure not to blow your sub or speakers if you are running more power than you need.
No chance Of blowing the speakers, the amps power ratings are right on line, I did turn the gain on the 600/4 back a bit.

Is that a custom box or did you buy it like that?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much do you have in it total?
The box is custom, I built it myself out of MDF. Covered the front in black vynil and the top, back and bottom in black carpet. It's similar to one JL overs but built to fit the trunk. If I remember correctly the head unit was $600, the comps were $300 for two sets, the subs were $600 for both off ebay, and the amps were $450 & $520 off ebay also , oh and the power c ables and wiring was about $250. So about $2700, but all of this was bought over a couple of years and has finally all come together.

I squeezed a JL 12W6V2 in the trunk... But barely.

I had a JL 12W6 that I was going to try to make work but it was just going to be too tight. The box would have been pretty much the same size (one 12 uses 1.250 cu ft and one 10 uses .625, do the the math for two and its the same) but the 12 went from edge to edge of the box so I sold the 12's (had two). I had even taken out the mach systems enclosure for room and made a panel to fit under the rear deck lid wraped in carpet. But with the amps where they are and all the wiring hidden behaind I just didn't like the fit so I went a different route.

That's an AMAZING looking system! I bet it must sound awesome. Very nice!
Yeah, the sound is amazing. way beyond what the mach system could ever do. They are crisp and clean and the lows are hard and tight. So far I love it, my ears may pay for it later but this setup is so clean. Keep in mind I'm no kid, I've been into fast cars and high end stereos for about 25 years. It's just something I really enjoy. Guess there are worst things to spend money on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
y2k2gt I have a avic-d3 also and was wondering how you got the screen saver on there?? I was under the impression that you could only do it to the one that had the build in hard drive.
Go to AVIC411.com and it gives you all the info you need, even how to to the bypass to watch movies while in motion. It's really not hard, you just have to burn it to a cd. You can save about 8 to the system and use use 4 for the different setteings, like radio, ipod nav and startup.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I really like your setup, looks awesome. I'm guessing if I had One 12" it wouldn't be able to fit back there? because it looks like your 10's barely made it haha
You can fit two twelves in the trunks. I have two 12"s, 5 amps, and a lot of fiberglass in my trunk.

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
Any interest in selling the stock subs and amps for cheap? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can fit two twelves in the trunks. I have two 12"s, 5 amps, and a lot of fiberglass in my trunk.

Oh, I know I couls have gotten them in there, just didn't want to kill the trunk. It is a daily driver that sees alot of shows. We like to have the trunk to carry laugage and what not.

Looks good!

But..

who listens to Limp Bizkit anymore?
Thanks, guess no one. That picture was taken a couple of years ago but the rest are new. Oh, and keep in mind I am 43 and some of the older music is still on the ipod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts