Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to keep asking questions, but I was wondering if there was any way possible that I could get some sort of MP3 player compatibility in my 01 svt cobra? I don't like those transmitters and I don't know if I want to replace the whole OEM stereo with one that doesn't look original at all. Is it possible to go to a Ford dealership and have them install something in my stereo that makes it look original and allows me to play my music through an Ipod or MP3 player?

·
Registered
343 Posts
buy an aftermarket stereo

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
not with the year you have, lots of new cars have a aux option, just buy an aftermarket deck, you will get better sound quality along with ipod support

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they install the aftermarket stereo, do they gut anything out so it would make it impossible to put the OEM stereo back in if I'm old someday and want to make everything look original? lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
they have harness's that will adapt to the factory harness and then plug back into the radio. No cutting involved.

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is no reason for any reputable shop to cut, chop, gut or destroy ANYTHING in your car when installing an after market radio in your Mustang. I did mine myself, and made sure to do it right so that if I sell the car in the future, the new owner could put it back to stock if they wanted to, without ever being able to tell.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
^^^
what they said, the new harness just plugs into the stock and can be removed in a matter of minutes, back to the way it came from the factory

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you remove the stock stereo?

sorry I don't know much about this stuff lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you will need to go and get some ford stereo removal keys from your local audio, parts store, or even wal-mart. It is a "U" shaped piece of metal has special shaped ends on it, slide that into the holes on radio (angle to right when inserting) then when you feel a notch then do the same for the other side. at this point take both tools and pull them away from each other and then pull the radio out.

·
Registered
812 Posts
it is farily easy to do. just pull apart and you can pretty much see how easy it is with everything in front of you. plus wireing harnesses comes with a diagram on what connets to where. 95% of the time its just color matching

1 - 10 of 10 Posts