Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i oredered a pair of the emp water mpumps for my car and docs mach. installed the machs friday and mine today. i like it, i can notice a difference in the higher rpm range over the stocker. they are claiming only 3hp to drive at 6500rpm's. only using 3hp and costing and costing only $150, i like the investment. power to dollar is better than the 350 meziere.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Note to all who get this: have a crowbar ready to take the old one off.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i guess iv been lucky. iv changed out dozens of 4.6 WP's and they have just slid right out... i heard they can be a bitch though

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wasnt too bad. doc had trouble getting his to break free, but after it did everything was cake. i just had problems getting my pulley off. apparently i put the bolts in tighter than i thought.

BTW, doc had to use washers to space the bolts out a little bit. the stock water pump bolts were hitting the pump housing. my stock bolts worked out fine. i am guessing its just in the long/short water pump housing styles.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
one of my buddies forgot to unbolt the bottom bolt and beat on that poor water pump for an hour, but it was cold out and he though it was frozen

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of my buddies forgot to unbolt the bottom bolt and beat on that poor water pump for an hour, but it was cold out and he though it was frozen
:funnah:tomato that would suck!

u guys ever delt with eletric water pumps??
i havent on a personal vehicle. delt with a few on friends race cars, thats about it.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Green goo. Yes, I'm tired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts