Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Auto parts store, they should have Goo Be Gone(something like that), just apply like directions say, wash your car afterwards and wax/polish the area where the stripe was, unless your replacing it with another stripe.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
Goo gone works good. Park the car in the shade, let it cool and spray it on the residue liberally. Let it sit then wipe it off. Wash and wax, problem solved.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
If theres spots that still give you issues, heat them up with a hair drier then use the goo gone stuff. Heat will soften up the adhesive.

·
Registered
889 Posts
goo gone FTMFW!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If the Goo Gone and heat aren't enough umph, give 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover a shot. Apply it libberally and let it sit a minute. When it dries, apply some more, let it. Then come back with a damp cloth (with the adhesive remover) and wipe it up.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
If the Goo Gone and heat aren't enough umph, give 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover a shot. Apply it libberally and let it sit a minute. When it dries, apply some more, let it. Then come back with a damp cloth (with the adhesive remover) and wipe it up.
This 100%:yes

Just dont use 3M general adhesive remover in the direct sunlight because you could get some chemical etching... especially if your planning to do this outside in the middle of the day when the hood is hot, dont:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 3M stuff worked great when I pulled off my stripes. Just use in a well ventilated area...:eek:

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The 3M Adhesive Remover is my favorite thing to use in terms of paint. I'll use Goo Gone or Goof Off on other stuff but not on automotive paint.

·
Registered
800 Posts
We used 3M Special Adhesive Remover (SAR) professionally. Soak the glue with it... cover it with paper towel and spray the paper towel. This keeps the SAR from evaporating. Turns to snot. Scrape the snot of and spray again and wipe the excess with a paper towel. Be sure to clean properly before adding new stripes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts