Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is still coming up unsupported for cats, heated cats, and secondary air system. Can't remember off the top of my head but two things that used to be unsupported are now "not ready" so he obviously did something but not all of it. My car has cats...and no mils...so why is it saying unsupported for cats!? Also why would two things say not ready now? I can't drive it to make them "ready" :mad:

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I'm sorry, man. Have you gotten your money back from the dealer? Have you gone to a speed shop in NJ and told them your predicament? An NJ tuner might know about ensuring NJ inspection compliance. I need to go get my NJ inspection too. I have no CEL's but I do have a catted x. Anyone know of a good place in NJ for stickers that might have fallen off the back of a truck?

Are all your errors exhaust related? What are the new ones?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All my obd moniters are showing up as unsupported and this guy is extremely difficult to get a hold of and keeps almost getting it right but not. If I could just speak to the idiot I could tell him exactly what I need done. Unfortunately now I have a car that I can't drive the 2 hours to go see him, and hes just about the only shop in NJ that uses diablosport software lol. I got this guy Lonnies number from a buddy with a GM today, he said he works at blue oval something or other. Apparently he works with diablosport so I'm gonna give him a call monday and see what he can do for me.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
lol just find a gas station that will let you pay them for a sticker! Coulda saved a bunch of money already

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
seriously lol. My car has 1200rwhp and it passed NY inspection with ease ;)

·
5,502 Posts
lol just find a gas station that will let you pay them for a sticker! Coulda saved a bunch of money already
seriously lol. My car has 1200rwhp and it passed NY inspection with ease ;)
Once he went to the state inspection place, they put him in the database as failed, so he can't go someplace else and just get a sticker, he needs to go back there and pass.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
All my obd moniters are showing up as unsupported and this guy is extremely difficult to get a hold of and keeps almost getting it right but not. If I could just speak to the idiot I could tell him exactly what I need done. Unfortunately now I have a car that I can't drive the 2 hours to go see him, and hes just about the only shop in NJ that uses diablosport software lol. I got this guy Lonnies number from a buddy with a GM today, he said he works at blue oval something or other. Apparently he works with diablosport so I'm gonna give him a call monday and see what he can do for me.
Lonnie Doll at Blue Oval Chips (no relation to Blue Oval Industries), a former SVT engineer.

I know Lonnie and know that he could set things straight...

·
5,502 Posts
I failed inspection. Second two columns under obd system are unsupported. It's the high flow cats and the shut off rear 02s. Do you have a high flow cat midpipe? I'm going to have to find a stock midpipe and swap it in and turn all that crap back on.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lonnie Doll at Blue Oval Chips (no relation to Blue Oval Industries), a former SVT engineer.

I know Lonnie and know that he could set things straight...
Glad to hear this guys good and other people have heard of him.

I failed inspection. Second two columns under obd system are unsupported. It's the high flow cats and the shut off rear 02s. Do you have a high flow cat midpipe? I'm going to have to find a stock midpipe and swap it in and turn all that crap back on.
Yeah I do have high flow cats but they are still cats so why do you need to put the stock midpipe back? I've never even had the stock midpipe and I passed 2 years ago with this same exhaust. Everything was fine until my tuner ****ed it up and apparently is too retarded to fix the **** that he did.

·
5,502 Posts
Yeah I do have high flow cats but they are still cats so why do you need to put the stock midpipe back? I've never even had the stock midpipe and I passed 2 years ago with this same exhaust. Everything was fine until my tuner ****ed it up and apparently is too retarded to fix the **** that he did.
I passed last time I went as well. The reason why is that the computer hadn't yet figured out that the cats were higher flowing than the stock. A couple months after I put the midpipe in, my CEL came on. So, instead of merely getting the emissions stuff turned off (not realizing that turning them off was just as bad as getting a fail), I got a dyno tune, which meant a whole bunch of other stuff got altered. So, to fix this now, I need the stock tune, which would turn everything back on, including the CEL for the cats, and the stock pipe to get a full pass for the emissions. I went to two speed shops and four mechanics today to figure out that I have to go back to Mustang Magic to do this, or it'll cost me the money to make a new tune. So, I've got 45 days or whatever. I need to go back to the shop in 200 miles to change my tranny fluid and pick up some stuff I left there, so I'll let them know my predicament. Hopefully, I'll resolve this one day next week. I need to find a stock midpipe now. Hopefully the shop can loan me one for the day. Driving from LI to NJ over and over if it doesn't work is going to suck... I'm probably going to find a shop in Bayonne or Jersey City to cut my travel time.

This is why I'm not passing, among the other things turned off, the rear o2's are the culprit for the emissions:

Are your rear o2s turned off?
I'll let you know how it turns out. You're not alone anymore, lol. You're right, this does suck.

Edit: Another reason for passing last time: Jersey's emissions laws only recently got California style draconian. Also, I'm pissed that a modded STI that went in after me passed with flying colors. Bastard, I KNOW he wasn't street legal.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^haha heres an update. If you can't pass inspection backup your custom tune and install the stock tune. Worked for me like a charm I finally passed! The car didn't run like balls on the stock tune like it did in the past either. Weird **** but whatever woohoo!

·
5,502 Posts
^haha heres an update. If you can't pass inspection backup your custom tune and install the stock tune. Worked for me like a charm I finally passed! The car didn't run like balls on the stock tune like it did in the past either. Weird **** but whatever woohoo!
No changing the pipe out? That's great news! What midpipe are you running, by the way?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts