Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I have a 93 5.0 convertable. I installed some gt-40p heads along with a explorer intake and TB. I got the heads machined( resurfaced, new valves and reseated) I got new springs from trickflow that everybody on this site said to get. They are dual springs. The car is runnings like crap. It has no power. Runs smooth. If I hold the throttle at like 3000rpm it sounds very smooth like there is nothing wrong at all but it doesnt idle to well. But its more the lack of power that is making me scratch my head. I ran the engine codes and didnt get anything. It passed. I kept my stock MAF, injectors, and I believe i reused my mustang pushrods. I reset the timing at 14degrees. new plugs. new wires, new cap and rotor, and coil. Also using the Explorer TB. I cant figure out why it doesnt have any power. One thing i thought was weird was when i installed the springs, there was a small steel rod that came with the springs that is supposed to be used as a spring height checking tool that tells you if you need to use the shims that came in the spring kit. Weird thing is that I didnt need any shims. The tool didnt fit where your supposed to put it to check the height. Do you thing my springs pressure is off. Any suggestions? Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did take out the distrubitor. Is there any way i didnt put it in correctly or maybe set the timing right? Or maybe have the plug wires mixed up? I checked the timing over and over again. I did pull the spout plug when I set the timing. I followed the steps in my haynes step for step. If something was wrong with any of the things i just mentioned above dont u think it wouldnt run smooth when i keeep the throttle at a constant rpm? Im thinking maybe its the fuel pressure. Myabe I have the fuel lines backwards. like the supply going into the return and vise versa. Would it run at all or just crappy like I explained. Oh and one more thing. I rewired everything into the fenders to hide the wireing and I got some things messed up i think. The are those multicolored vaccum hoses that go into those weird solinoids or relay things. I dont know what they are. But anyways I dont know what hoses go where and what not. Are they important? And the vaccum hose that comes off the fuel pressure regulator just goes directly into the intake manifold right? Im so confused, please help me out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts